Assassin's Creed: Revelations frame rate drops

john129pats

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hello.

I recently picked up Revelations to prepare for AC3 and I have a pretty big problem with the frame rate. Every now and then my frame rate will drop down to 30 fps and lock there. Either that, or it will drop to around and forty and then shoot up to 60, or 75-80 without V-Sync. I have tried so many things thinking it was my set-up, but have never experienced issues like this before in any of the other 100s of games I have played. I have tried all forms of forcing v-sync and triple buffering combos with NCP and D3DOverrider, I have tried lowering all my graphics settings, and still no luck. My temps are good and I have also tried different setting with the CPU, setting different affinities priorities. I thought it was because of how much it was going on, but it happened the most in a cave mission.

My Specs:

Intel i7 2600k
Nvidia gtx 560 ti
8 gb ram
Realtek sound card (Not sure of make or model)
Standard HDD (Not sure on the model either)

Has anyone had this issue before, and possibly might have a fix? I have only one person with this specific problem and they never found a fix.

hateborne

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

I have a similar issue that occurs randomly in any game after hours of play. It occurs more commonly in games with GIANT maps (not saying it is related, just an observation). Skyrim was notorious for it. Roughly the 13th zone caused my FPS to quarter, requiring game and/or computer restart. RIFT did it somewhat often. Guild Wars 2 has done it twice in two months.

May want to try reinstalling the most recent nVidia drivers, selecting advanced in the installer, and selecting the "Perform Clean Installation" option.

-Hate