Question Assembling a list for my first build, need help from computer nerds!!

Jul 4, 2024
Old list

i already know that all the parts are compatible in the most basic level. i got the CPU & GPU combo from a completed build posted on pcpartpicker saying they are a great combo. my budget is around 1300$ but i can stretch that to around 1450$ if needed. though i prefer not to.

am i wasting money? are any parts gonna bottleneck each other? is the cooling alright? i really dont know, i just got all my knowledge from clickbait youtube videos.

i will apreciate all the criticism/help you can bring.

Thanks!

Edit: Thank you to everyone who helped! i also posted this on some other forums and got some help there. This is the Updated list: Updated list

Last edited:
Current list

i already know that all the parts are compatible in the most basic level. i got the CPU & GPU combo from a completed build posted on pcpartpicker saying they are a great combo. my budget is around 1300$ but i can stretch that to around 1450$ if needed. though i prefer not to.

am i wasting money? are any parts gonna bottleneck each other? is the cooling alright? i really dont know, i just got all my knowledge from clickbait youtube videos.

Thanks!
I'd change the PSU to the SeaSonic Focus GX ATX 3.0. The 850W version is $110 and worth the extra $15 overall.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey there,

I think that's a pretty solid build. Mostly, changes would come down to personal preference, but you've chosen well.

Given your $100 under budget, I'd suggest using that for a stronger GPU, or at least one with 16gb Vram. 12gb is already getting maxed out at 1080p in some games. Not many, but it will only continue in that vain as we go forward. 16gb gives you the option of 1440p with high settings.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Hey there,

I think that's a pretty solid build. Mostly, changes would come down to personal preference, but you've chosen well.

Given your $100 under budget, I'd suggest using that for a stronger GPU, or at least one with 16gb Vram. 12gb is already getting maxed out at 1080p in some games. Not many, but it will only continue in that vain as we go forward. 16gb gives you the option of 1440p with high settings.

i was thinking a better monitor instead of more gpu once the psu is upgraded like suggested above. . the 7700xt will quickly be held back by the 75 hz monitor. that and/or more ssd space. 1 tb is not a lot when you consider 100GB+ games these days.

the AOC screens are great value for the price. $20 more than what you chose and lots better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xj9wrH/aoc-24g15n-238-1920-x-1080-180-hz-monitor-24g15n

otherwise i'd agree it is a solid build as is. drop the rest of the budget into ssd or if a step up to gpu can be had, why not. looks like the 7800 xt is about $75 more which would top out your budget if you wish. :)

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Old list

Thanks!

Edit: Thank you to everyone who helped! i also posted this on some other forums and got some help there. This is the Updated list: Updated list
That ADATA is a good PSU, however, IMO going with an ATX 2.4 PSU isn't worthwhile anymore. The component requirements for ATX 3.0 plus the fact that GPUs keep using more power makes the ATX 3.0 PSU a better choice.

This psu is manufactured by Seasonic.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: *Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($93.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($102.97 @ B&H)
Video Card: *Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7700 XT 12 GB Video Card ($399.99 @ B&H)
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.00 @ B&H)
Power Supply: *NZXT C750 (2022) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Best Buy)
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: *MSI G244F E2 23.8" 1920 x 1080 180 Hz Monitor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1346.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-04 15:17 EDT-0400

Jul 4, 2024
i was thinking a better monitor instead of more gpu once the psu is upgraded like suggested above. . the 7700xt will quickly be held back by the 75 hz monitor. that and/or more ssd space. 1 tb is not a lot when you consider 100GB+ games these days.

the AOC screens are great value for the price. $20 more than what you chose and lots better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xj9wrH/aoc-24g15n-238-1920-x-1080-180-hz-monitor-24g15n

otherwise i'd agree it is a solid build as is. drop the rest of the budget into ssd or if a step up to gpu can be had, why not. looks like the 7800 xt is about $75 more which would top out your budget if you wish. :)
are you sure the gpu is gonna be able to handle 180Hz reasonably?

Jul 4, 2024
not at max settings for new AAA games. but it'll break 100 fps easy enough. you'll have to look at some specific game reviews for an idea what it will do on a game by game basis.

here's tom's review for a basic idea

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-7700-xt-review

older or less demanding games would easily do it if you keep the eye candy in check.
i dont play high end AAA games often, but i will be playing BG3. my gaming requierments are actually relatevly low, more then happy with 60-70 fps 1080p without max graphics. i just think 180hz is unnecessery, especially if i can get a cheap monitor with 60hz to save on budget