Question asus 2080 ti O11 getting bad frames

Dec 8, 2019
my pc set up
asus 2080 ti o11
Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6 GH
ASRock Ab350M pro4
team vulcan 16gb ddr4-3000
corsair power supply 750W gold

i just got a 2080 ti lastnight when i put it in my pc and downloaded the drivers for it and changed some settings in asus gpu tweak 2 after i did that i loaded up destiny 2 i had all the setting on low and i was playing on 1080p i was getting 65 to 100 fps depending where i was please help me

Last edited:

Newtonius

Notable
Sep 25, 2019
No wonder you're getting bad frames, your entire setup is just the graphics card. You're gonna need a CPU and a few other components.

Seriously, what is your setup? What is your nvidia driver version?

Dec 8, 2019
No wonder you're getting bad frames, your entire setup is just the graphics card. You're gonna need a CPU and a few other components.

Seriously, what is your setup? What is your nvidia driver version?
i downloaded version 441.12. i was getting the same amount of frames as my old gpu it was a amd asus rx 580 8gb

WildCard999

Titan
Herald
It's the mix of your CPU & monitor which is why your seeing little to no improvement. Now if you were at a higher resolution such as 4K then you'd probably see an improvement but at 1080P it's not really going to show.

There's a few different fixes to get better GPU usage.

(Free)
-Overclock the CPU.
-Run your games with 2X-4X DSR. This renders the games at a higher resolution then scales them back to your native res. Doing so makes the games look a bit better then some AA options and would better utilize the GPU due to the higher resolution.

(Paid)
-Buy a better CPU (3rd gen).
-Buy a higher resolution monitor.

Dec 8, 2019
No wonder, your rig is pretty outdated to fully utilize a 2080Ti. You are most likely getting a 30% bottleneck in performance with a 1600x.

Also make sure you fully uninstalled your AMD gpu drivers.

yes i fully uninstalled all of the AMD driver from my pc. but i have a question ive looked up other
post and people that are running a 2080TI with a 1600x are not having the same fps problems as me why is that?and is looking at task manager a good way to see my CPU usage

Newtonius

Notable
Sep 25, 2019
yes i fully uninstalled all of the AMD driver from my pc. but i have a question ive looked up other
post and people that are running a 2080TI with a 1600x are not having the same fps problems as me why is that?and is looking at task manager a good way to see my CPU usage
Try what Wildcard wrote. ^
Can't say why other people are getting different results as I don't know what they're running exactly. Mobo, RAM, etc all have an affect that lead up to overall performance.

Dec 8, 2019
It's the mix of your CPU & monitor which is why your seeing little to no improvement. Now if you were at a higher resolution such as 4K then you'd probably see an improvement but at 1080P it's not really going to show.

There's a few different fixes to get better GPU usage.

(Free)
-Overclock the CPU.
-Run your games with 2X-4X DSR. This renders the games at a higher resolution then scales them back to your native res. Doing so makes the games look a bit better then some AA options and would better utilize the GPU due to the higher resolution.

(Paid)
-Buy a better CPU (3rd gen).
-Buy a higher resolution monitor.
should i buy a new PCU or motherboard which ones more important for my problem

Phaaze88

Dignified
Herald
Can't say why other people are getting different results as I don't know what they're running exactly. Mobo, RAM, etc all have an affect that lead up to overall performance.
From what I've read across other forums, people with lower end systems are buying high end cards like the 2080Ti to run on their 1080p monitors and just jacking up the resolution scaling.

Dec 8, 2019
CPU as long as your motherboard BIOS has been updated however the 1080P monitor isn't helping as well. You can further test this by trying the steps I listed above, monitor CPU/GPU usage with HWmonitor.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
View: https://imgur.com/13Nu9M0
View: https://imgur.com/pNkCPBr
View: https://imgur.com/13Nu9M0

thats when i was play destiny 2 on all high settings 1080p
i was getting about 60-75 fps

Newtonius

Notable
Sep 25, 2019
If you had this running whilst playing, then the issue is clear that you're only utilizing 50% of your GPU while having high CPU use. Clearly a small bottleneck there but not 60-75 on 1080p bad. Also, did you overclock it? That VRAM is running at 7500MHz and clock speeds are at 1950. Pretty high relative to base clocks.

Dec 8, 2019
If you had this running whilst playing, then the issue is clear that you're only utilizing 50% of your GPU while having high CPU use. Clearly a small bottleneck there but not 60-75 on 1080p bad. Also, did you overclock it? That VRAM is running at 7500MHz and clock speeds are at 1950. Pretty high relative to base clocks.
so does that mean i need a better CPU. Yeah put my GPU in oc mode on gpu tweak 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS