Question Asus 4070 Super Not Working, Red Light

May 3, 2024
I just got a build together that should be fine but I'm having an issue with the GPU.
Every other component works great, it's only the GPU. There is no red light on it when I plug in the PCIe, but when I seat the card onto the mobo a red light at the front labeled 'LED 2' comes on. It stays on after powering on the PC, the fans don't spin, and my PC won't detect it. I've reseated all connectors and ensured there are no gaps with everything clicking into place, and I'm using two seperate PCIe cables to connect to the 12-pin adapter that came with the GPU. Tried all PCIe slots on my mobo but the red light just stays on once it's seated no matter what. Really scratching my head here.

be quiet! Shadow Base 800 FX
EVGA Supernova 1000w P2
Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX V2
AMD 7900X
be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX
XPG Lancer Blade DDR5 2x24gb
Asus Dual 4070 Super OC Edition

May 3, 2024
Try the pc with the integrated gpu? If it works, reseat the gpu and it’s connections and find another go.
It does work, I've flashed BIOS and updated Windows already. I attempted to install the driver for the GPU but since Nvidia doesn't detect a card it won't complete the installation.

I grabbed my old 1080 and plugged it into the new build, and it operates perfectly. Slotted the 4070 again and it's the same, LED 2 lit and GPU not functioning. It's only when I seat it on the PCIe slot that the light appears, when it's only plugged into the GPU there's no light.

Hm. Do you have another system you can try to new card in? May have gotten a dud card. You may contact the retailer you purchased it from to see about getting a replacement card. Otherwise, you may need to contact Asus for an RMA.

Not sure where you are from, I'm spoiled to have Microcenter about 40 minutes from home. So if I buy parts there, then a quick run back to the store and swap it out. Unfortunately not everyone has that luxury.

Reactions: MobilesuitBM
May 3, 2024
Hey thank you for the quick response! I ended up sending it back to the retailer for a replacement today, fingers crossed. Living next to a Microcenter would be so awesome!

I'll update the thread in a week or so with the results