Question ASUS A320M-K wont function

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
hello guys so i bought this motherboard yesterday brand new it came in delivery so at first i decided to test it first and it worked fine it turned on i had display but i was checking if the gpu would fit without putting it in but some how i accidently pushed it in ik its stupid but it caused my motherboard to go off and now it wont turn on anymore at all i see only orange lights but i decided the gpu in other motherboard and works fine i even tested the psu along with it all works fine but the new motherboard seemed to have died ig? i dont see any fan spinning either anymore i tried CMOS battery reset even plugged out the power cable alot of times but nothing helped

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
test with another psu?

i tested the psu in my other pc with my old motherboard it worked fine i even tried another old psu so i tested that with my other motherboard and then i tested it with my new asus but it wouldnt work so in that case everything is working fine its just my new motherboard i see orange lights on etc but when i press button to turn it out nothing happens no fans spins either

hello guys so i bought this motherboard yesterday brand new it came in delivery so at first i decided to test it first and it worked fine it turned on i had display but i was checking if the gpu would fit without putting it in but some how i accidently pushed it in ik its stupid but it caused my motherboard to go off and now it wont turn on anymore at all i see only orange lights but i decided the gpu in other motherboard and works fine i even tested the psu along with it all works fine but the new motherboard seemed to have died ig? i dont see any fan spinning either anymore i tried CMOS battery reset even plugged out the power cable alot of times but nothing helped
Is there physical damage?

You can try RMA the motherboard.

Just so it's clear...

did you have a CPU or APU installed?

if so, i wonder if it may have damaged that since it's attached to the gpu's pcie slot.

hot-plugging pcie is supposed to be possible, even if not really proven or implemented software wise I wouldn't think it should damage hardware. Not sure what else to check.

Last edited:

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Just so it's clear...

did you have a CPU or APU installed?

if so, i wonder if it may have damaged that since it's attached to the gpu's pcie slot.

hot-plugging pcie is supposed to be possible, even if not really proven or implemented software wise I wouldn't think it should damage hardware. Not sure what else to check.

it came with ryzen 2200g so apu in your case