ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ACPI BIOS Revision 1303

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
(I am new to all this and don't even have a clue where to start with anything and apologies for the size of the pictures)

I have been experiencing several problems that started occurring just under a week ago. I have taken pictures to aid my explanation.

When I open my computer, this splash screen appears, which it has never done until a week ago.
It displays "Press DEL to enter SETUP"
image.jpg

I let the splash screen disappear without pressing anything before I get the following:
image1.jpg

I was unsure to what this problem was and pressed F1. Which lead to this finally screen coming up:
image2.jpg

This screen then disappeared and the rest of the boot up occurred as it usually does. When everything has finally loaded I noticed that my date and time had all been changed to 1st January 2006, 00:00am.

I have googled these problems to try and resolve them and several sites had adviced to change the CMOS battery, which I did but all these errors are still coming up. Is there anyway that I can change this all from occurring/fix this problem?

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I have already changed the date and time yet every time I fully close my computer, it's back to 1st January 2006.

And um, I'm only 17 years old and don't really have much of a clue about most of this, so I'm not too sure what a RAID array is, but I believe I do have it!

Could you give your full system specs? Raid is not something that you would have by default, you have to go out of your way to set one up.

When you changed the date & time, and exited BIOS, you DID take the "SAVE & Exit" option, right?
Looking at your screenshots, the second one shows that you have 1 optical drive and 1 SATA hard drive. You can only have a RAID setup if you have two or more hard drives, so you do NOT have a RAID array. That makes this simpler.

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I was given everything like hard drive/monitor etc. by a friend, I doubt he was to set anything up and I've never set anything up either.

Yes, I selected that option. How would I go about viewing my system spec to show you it?

Do you have the manual for that motherboard? If not you can go here to download it:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-SLI%20Premium/e2435_a8n-sli_premium.pdf
Follow the instructions on page 2-18.
This should set the board back to factory defaults. Once you have cleared the CMOS, then you can go into the BIOS and set your date/time. then see if you are able to save your settings.

By system specs, I meant what hardware do you have installed. A lot of that I can see from the screenshot you provided, but it doesn't tell everything. the brand and model, nor does it tell what video card you have installed, or what brand & model of power supply.

let me know if you are still having problems.

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Thank you so much, I will try this tomorrow when I'll be able to see clearly what I'm doing.

My hard drive is Cooler Master Praetorian 730?
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=48

And finally, doing this will not wipe any of my data, files etc. right?

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I didn't have time to fix it yesterday, however when opening the computer today, I no longer had the second screenshot shown above any more and the time was back to normal. Therefore, will I still have to clear all the CMOS and RTC?

Unless you are still getting the CMOS Checksum error, ;you should be good to go.

There is an option in the BIOS that will prevent the first splash or LOGO screen from showing. Check the Boot Settings Configuration. If you disable the Full Screen Logo, you won't have the first screen anymore.

angelashushan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Thank you so so much for all your help!