ASUS Ask Me Anything on Tom’s Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only big question I have for them is if ITX/DTX FF will start getting love in their road maps.

Man, an Asus case, ITX/DTX, pico PSUs and small boards for the enthusiast crowd... Nerdgasm right there.

Cheers!

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
My only question would be why there is no warranty for Asus laptops in South and Latin America. So much for an "international warranty".

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I'll ask in advance, when will the 780 directcu edition be available? it's all that's holding up my new build

Dakota Flores

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
what: ASUS
when:june/24/2013
Tom’s Hardware Community Forum: Motherboards
who: Erik Joiner
on the ROG 1150 socket dose the power phases interfere with a land connection in games, to the point where i might want to uses a stand alone land card?

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Ooooh,
Can I ask why the last 6 Asus motherboards I've bought were crap?
m2nE failed on board ethernet, audio drivers were in beta for a year, never worked right

3 m4a785m for friends and family, one channel audio failed on two, ethernet on 3, southbridge died on one, replaced with new DOA

Now this, m5a97, only sees two memory sockets

Should have listened to the forums. I've been buying Asus since socket 7 and pentium 2 days, but I've learned my lesson. Your quality control ain't what it used to be.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Why does the Asus G750 laptop have a soldered CPU when your competitors do not? Don't tell me it's to save weight or space, your laptop is heavier than the MSI.

I wonder why all the comments seem to be asking the questions they're supposed to be asking in the new feature AMA????
I think the article pretty precisely states and it starts on the 26th....

What: Ask Me Anything – ASUS
When: Wednesday, June 26th, 12:00 p.m. Noon EDT
Where: Tom’s Hardware Community Forum: Motherboards (thread to be provided here)
Who: Erik Joiner, ASUS Marketing Manager and assorted ASUS spokespeople and reps

Really guys..... we need to read the articles fully before we start rapid fire rounds....

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
@Yuka: Asus already has a number of wonderful MiniITX boards whose only disadvantage is their somewhat high price and low availability. As for picoPSUs, there're currently none manufactured by reputable brands (Corsair, Antec, NZXT, Seasonic, etc.) and I know I'd never trust my precious Asus hardware to any mediocre PSU..

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'd LOVE to ask why they made a laptop (UL80JT) that used a wifi card where its driver conflicted with the Nvidia Optimus driver causing wifi to shut off, then tell all their customers that it was not ASUS' fault, not issue updates to fix it, and THEN just forget about the computer all together.

I'd love to ask that, but given that Tom's forums have been performing like crap, I'm skeptical about this AMA idea.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I wonder why you bothered posting this???

Dracio

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Why are they still charging £90 for a sound card that they haven't updated the drivers for n 4 years? (Asus Xonar D2X)

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Can I ask why the last 6 Asus motherboards I've bought were crap?

From the announcement: ...you can ask any question provided it isn't a tech support request (as these require in-depth personal follow-up and diagnostics). If you have a specific question, absolutely. But asking about why you felt the last X motherboards you bought were crap doesn't count, and the reps cannot speak to your opinion and the question may be moderated.

Why are they still charging £90 for a sound card that they haven't updated the drivers for n 4 years? (Asus Xonar D2X)

ASUS isn't a vendor and doesn't directly sell products like a storefront. The reps might be able to answer this one, but it might be more of a question for Newegg or BestBuy.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
jpishgar, asking why his last 6 MB's were crap is not a technical support question. He lists the reasons why they were, demonstrating he does not need technical support. What he would like to know is what changed in the manufacturing process that Asus would allow crap to make it to retail. That is not a technical support question.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
"Why is your stuff crap?" is not a valid question, and will be moderated with extreme prejudice. Be be sure to read the AMA Rules in the AMA thread itself if you have any questions about what constitutes an appropriate question. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1713811/official-asus-representative.html

These reps are our guests, and we will be treating them with hospitality. Already a handful of great questions in this thread. :)

Dracio

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Are you ever going to make a laptop with a 4:3 screen? I'm never going to by a wide screen for doing work. 2560 x 1700 is the size I want. I'd buy the google pixel at that high price if it was a "proper" laptop.

can i ask about asus' multicore enhancement on their new z87, b85 motherboards? i read that intel removed turbo o.c., so i was wondering how it'd affect non-k core i5 users. also about the stability and safety of the auto-oc'ed cpus.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Dear ASUS, how do you pronounce ASUS? I know the name came from Pegasus - peg, so it should be pronounced like that? Or is it "azzuus" like some guy on youtube keeps on saying. or "ay-sus" (ok how do I type sounds...)

Status
Not open for further replies.