[SOLVED] Asus B550E issue with RGB lighting.

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all, I'm sure this is minor and I'm aware many people choose to turn the RGB settings off, I'm not one of those people.

Ever since I upgraded my PC with this motherboard it's always rotated through a colour cycle when it's powered off on the top left hand side, since yesterday however it now only displays a static red colour.

There's no error codes on my bios, cpu and GPU are all connected and working, memory is good and when the computer is powered on the RGB cycles as normal, is this just the RGB being a pain for no reason?

Solution
you would need to either go into your BIOS or your motherboard RGB control software and set the "Shutdown Effects". you can set a static color and\or add any of the available patterns yourself which should be much better than the ugly rainbow effects.

when left on default settings they can sometimes glitch out and change patterns, colors, or just get disabled on their own somehow.
you would need to either go into your BIOS or your motherboard RGB control software and set the "Shutdown Effects". you can set a static color and\or add any of the available patterns yourself which should be much better than the ugly rainbow effects.

when left on default settings they can sometimes glitch out and change patterns, colors, or just get disabled on their own somehow.

Solution
Mar 16, 2021

You've answered my questions perfectly thank you so much, do you roughly know what the setting is called in the BIOS to do this?