[SOLVED] Asus bios flash with usb programmer.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hi.

Normally flashing bios with usb programmer required .ROM or .BIN file. Now i need to flash bios on asus laptop with usb programmer,

The bios has .215 extention so do i need to rename it to .rom or .bin..?? Or do i need to convert it or what..?

The programmer doesnt recognize asus .215 bios file.. Please advise with info..

Thanks

Reactions: gobrasoft
Solution
Thanks for feedback. Well thats a problem. The laptop had broken bios. I cannot use asus ezflash.

I have a ezp programmer. And want to flash asus bios. The only problem is file extention. I need .rom or .bin file. But asus bios is .215..
Contact Asus and see what they recommend.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
You need to flash the BIOS exactly how the device manufacturer states, with exactly and only the files they provide.

Thanks for feedback. Well thats a problem. The laptop had broken bios. I cannot use asus ezflash.

I have a ezp programmer. And want to flash asus bios. The only problem is file extention. I need .rom or .bin file. But asus bios is .215..

Jun 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "Frank07, yayın: 21396535, üye: 1409663"]
Selam.

Normalde USB programlayıcı ile yanıp sönen bios gereklidir .ROM veya .BIN dosyası. Şimdi usb programcısı ile asus dizüstü bilgisayarda bios flaş gerekiyor,

Bios .215 uzantısı vardır, bu yüzden onu .rom veya .bin olarak yeniden adlandırmanız gerekiyor mu? Yoksa dönüştürmek gerekiyor mu ya da ne ..?

Programcı asus .215 bios dosyasını tanımıyor .. Lütfen bilgi veriniz ..

Teşekkürler

[/ALINTI]
Hi.

Normally flashing bios with usb programmer required .ROM or .BIN file. Now i need to flash bios on asus laptop with usb programmer,

The bios has .215 extention so do i need to rename it to .rom or .bin..?? Or do i need to convert it or what..?

The programmer doesnt recognize asus .215 bios file.. Please advise with info..

Thanks

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I wonder if you found a solution. Does changing the file extension to bin work?

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
[QUOTE = "Frank07, yayın: 21396535, üye: 1409663"]
Selam.

Normalde USB programlayıcı ile yanıp sönen bios gereklidir .ROM veya .BIN dosyası. Şimdi usb programcısı ile asus dizüstü bilgisayarda bios flaş gerekiyor,

Bios .215 uzantısı vardır, bu yüzden onu .rom veya .bin olarak yeniden adlandırmanız gerekiyor mu? Yoksa dönüştürmek gerekiyor mu ya da ne ..?

Programcı asus .215 bios dosyasını tanımıyor .. Lütfen bilgi veriniz ..

Teşekkürler

[/ALINTI]

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I wonder if you found a solution. Does changing the file extension to bin work?

I have not did it yet. But the last reply from "vov4ik il" to this post is the answer. Follow that tutorial.

All you need is that tool/ software to convert .cap or .214 or whatever asus bios to .rom or .bin.

In that post they have a link to the tool which converts bios.

Cheers