Asus DRW-1814BLT LightScribe Not working

G

Hello, i have been having problems with my Asus Dvd RW it does whats its ment to do like read DVDs and CDs and write on them with no problem. and i manged to LightScribe Once, but its then never worked again i will list what i have done so far to try and get it working.
oh and i do have the LSS installed and it does dected my drive

1. Reinstall the Drivers
2. Change Firmware from 1.13 to 1.14 to 1.10 back to 1.14
3. Safe mode but does not work at all in that
4 with no usb devices attached
5. chaning the sata port its on
6. trying many diffrent disks
7. restarting over and over. lol

please help me if you can im going crazy

i forgot to tell you what the error is, its saying that the lightscribe media is not there so i does not see the disk when i put it in and it defently is a lightscribe media.

smotman

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Just to let you know your not alone . I just bought the ide version and have the same problem . what software are you using ? Nero 7 has a known issue with that burner . Funny thing is thats the software it ships with . But nero6 works fine ... Go figure . Try different software would be my advice .

G

Tried diffrent software still does not work i think its might be broken but that means its broken for no reasion, how bad is that for asus

sailer

Splendid
Tried diffrent software still does not work i think its might be broken but that means its broken for no reason, how bad is that for asus

It happens at times to any company's hardware. I've been using three ASUS 2014LT1 burners in two computers for over a year now without any problems. But sometimes a piece of hardware dies without apparent reason. You might try to RMA the drive. I had tried a Sony and a Samsung earlier, but the Sony wasn't recognized at all by the OS and the Samsung would play a DVD, but not record anything, so it went back. That's went I bought the first ASUS drive. It worked, so I bought more and they work, so I'm happy.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Never liked the looks of labels made with lightscribe anyway. I use printable CD's & DVD's then just download the original disk label off the web at CDCovers.com and print the label directly to the disk in my Epson printer.

G

I can't lightscribe with my DRW-1814BLT (Vista Ultimate x64). Nero 8 says no lightscribe-capable drives. The 1814BLT is installed as a legacy CD-drive, though in device manager the model is written. When i try to update online, it sais the latest driver is already installed. Where do I get the proper driver or any other ways to fix the problem?