Question Asus EZ Flash sees my usb but does not see bios update file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2020
I've downloaded the bios file from asus website and extracted it. Then i put the bios file in my micro 8gb usb and plugged it in. After that I restarted the computer and went in bios. Then I went to the advanced tab and started ez flash. For some reason ezflash does detect my usb but not the bios file.

The computer is called Asus G11CD-K.

I've downloaded the bios file from asus website and extracted it. Then i put the bios file in my micro 8gb usb and plugged it in. After that I restarted the computer and went in bios. Then I went to the advanced tab and started ez flash. For some reason ezflash does detect my usb but not the bios file.

Which format is that BIOS file ? It's downloaded as a .zip file but has to be unzipped and have a ".cap" extension. For instance "H110-I-ASUS-G11CD-1002.CAP"-.

Usual problems are: the drive isn't formatted correctly (usually FAT-32). Also, the file has to follow the exact correct naming convention, usually in '8.3' format with no special characters and sometimes has to be in the correct folder possibly the 'root' folder of the drive or the folder also has to follow the '8.3' naming convention.

Jan 4, 2020
Usual problems are: the drive isn't formatted correctly (usually FAT-32). Also, the file has to follow the exact correct naming convention, usually in '8.3' format with no special characters and sometimes has to be in the correct folder possibly the 'root' folder of the drive or the folder also has to follow the '8.3' naming convention.
Oh, I just downloaded the bios renamer and open the program and the bios file changed to "G11CD.CAP".

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So the usb drive is FAT32, might want to format again to this,and see if that helps.

Other thing might be to use a different brand usb stick,maybe that will help.

You did just copy it to the empty usb stick? Not in a folder.

Stil wonder if the rename is necessary since i thought that was only for 2011/2066 socket motherboards and only see it mentioned in combination with "Asus USB Bios Flashback".
Would try "H110-I-ASUS-G11CD-1002.CAP" myself again or even without the ".CAP" extension.

Could in the end be that the current bios is locked as Dark Lord of Tech said.

Jan 4, 2020
So the usb drive is FAT32, might want to format again to this,and see if that helps.

Other thing might be to use a different brand usb stick,maybe that will help.

You did just copy it to the empty usb stick? Not in a folder.

Stil wonder if the rename is necessary since i thought that was only for 2011/2066 socket motherboards and only see it mentioned in combination with "Asus USB Bios Flashback".
Would try "H110-I-ASUS-G11CD-1002.CAP" myself again or even without the ".CAP" extension.

Could in the end be that the current bios is locked as Dark Lord of Tech said.
I put in older bios files and those work it's just the latest one that doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.