ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 960 4GB for my build?

Jonasjo

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Hey guys!

I just got a used PC which actually is really new. Since I am going to use it for gaming I am buying a graphics card (it does not have one). I was thinking about getting the ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 960 4GB because it has a fair price and I am pretty sure it will fit.

I have the CM Silencio 652 case and the ASUS H97M-E motherboard. My power supply is the Corsair CX430M, can it handle the graphics card?

Is tha STRIX GTX 960 4GB a good choice for me?

Thanks.

Solution
power will be tight and that is not a fantastic PSU, but technically there should be no issues. I would not bother with the 4GB 960 unless you plan to SLI, as a single 960 cannot really drive a game to the point at which the extra 2GB frame buffer is utilized all the way. if they made a 3GB card that would be nice. If the price difference is small getting the 4GB card cannot hurt, but paying more than $30 is not worth it.
power will be tight and that is not a fantastic PSU, but technically there should be no issues. I would not bother with the 4GB 960 unless you plan to SLI, as a single 960 cannot really drive a game to the point at which the extra 2GB frame buffer is utilized all the way. if they made a 3GB card that would be nice. If the price difference is small getting the 4GB card cannot hurt, but paying more than $30 is not worth it.

Solution