Asus GTX 980 Ti Direct CU III Speculation?

Jun 12, 2014
So I ordered the EVGA SSC GTX 980 Ti last week. Then, I saw the footage of the new Asus Direct CU III from Computex. That card looks gorgeous! And it has a monster cooler and a solid backplate to boot.

Things that I want people to try and discuss, if they know it, would hit on possible clock speeds. I believe it is already confirmed it will have the standard 7010MHz effective memory clock, but what about its core clock?
Also, what price point do you think the card will debut at? Personally, I think they may try and set it up between $680 and $700 to try and compete with EVGA's existing ACX SSC card and to set up a harder hand for Gigabyte's upcoming G1 version of the card. If they sell it for that price point, I am sending my OC'd reference board back to Newegg and buying that DCU3.
If you hear any news, maybe post them here?

This is not a question, by the way. I just want to get a discussion going about the DCUIII and other similar aftermarket cards.

aesthetiques

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

The Gaming 6G really isn't all that, unless you get lucky in the lottery..I would think the strix is going to be a good OC option due to the Direct CU III, and the 12+2 power phases [iirc], as opposed to the standard 8+2 in the gaming. Then you have the GTX 980 ti Classified, which imo I would get over the Kingpin in many cases, since the avg user doesn't need to OC like Kingpin, and paying $100 for a guaranteed 72% ASIC q-rating isn't worth it imo. I got 2 classifieds and landed at 77%/78%.

Jun 12, 2014
This post is pretty old guys xD
It was back when the Strix 980 Ti was first announced at Computex. Kinda forgot about this thread since nobody really paid attention to it. But what I know since then is that the Strix DCU3 is pretty cheap. Maybe it's cheaper due to the Auto-Extreme technology, because it's cheaper than EVGA's superclocked version ($670 for the Asus Strix vs $680 for the EVGA SC on Newegg)
What I'm really disappointed in about the Strix model, though, is that it's geared for silent operation rather than maximum cooling. The Strix really hangs close to its thermal bottleneck point and that bothers me, especially since I will likely overclock my system in the future. It seems the Strix is geared more towards more casual users, and they are reserving the overclocker's wet dream for their Matrix model. Since I read Guru3D's review on the Strix, I've reset my eyes on the Matrix. It's not that the Strix is bad, it's just it's not really for me and I want something better. Plus it'll match the whole ROG theme I have going now.