Question ASUS H110M-K DDR4 - can I use this with an i5 7400 and a GTX 1050ti to make a budget gaming rig? Concerned about RAM speed capped at 2133mhz

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I want to build a gaming rig with a ASUS H110M-K (DDR4 version not D3 sorry) I have and an i5 7400(I'll need to buy that) and an old GTX 1050 ti I have lying around.
Will that be a good combo even if the RAM is capped at 2133mhz on that motherboard? Isn't that quite low?
I'm not very familiar with Intel builds so I don't know if it's worth doing.

Memory
2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.
* Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133 MHz and higher memory modules on XMP mode will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133 Mhz.

Last edited:
apologies it's the DDR4 version (I amended the title and body of text) not the DDR3
Hey there,

First of all, what games will you be playing and on what type of monitor.

To be perfectly honest, those specs aren't even entry level for new games. Older games will run okay, but you will be limited by the CPU and GPU in anything recent.

What budget do you have?

IMO, you would be btter off with a decent Ryzen APU, and some newer tech and faster ram. At least you would have an upgrade path when you have more cash for a GPU down the line.

TRENDING THREADS