Question System no longer fully boots and shows a black screen... again ?

FoxTypeSystemReq

Prominent
Dec 6, 2022
Hello again, and thanks for the previous help. The last time I posted on here, it was about this issue, back in December 2022. It's returned tonight, complete with blank screen and VGA debug light stuck on, and I have even less of an idea as of how to fix this. I've done all previous troubleshooting mentioned there this time around, and also tried what worked before, resetting CMOS and reflashing the BIOS, and that no longer fixes the issue, so I am currently out of ideas.

The PSU appears to be providing power, as I tested the replacement Zotac 1080 Ti graphics card from before without power and it did display an error message saying to connect the power, but plugging in the power cables to the card gives this same issue of no video out. However when I was trying the replacement card fully powered, it was blinking a blue LED in a spot labeled SDA0, and as I haven't used this old card in a while I'm not sure if that's normal or what that indicates. I still do not have any other replacement cards to test with or any secondary systems with which to test the cards.

My specs are the same as before, still at this link on PCPartPicker, and Windows 10 is installed and on whatever stable version is current as of yesterday, when it still worked. I'm wondering if the motherboard is faulty once again as was what I first suspected when this issue happened before. Again, I appreciate any help I can get.

FoxTypeSystemReq

Prominent
Dec 6, 2022
The PSU is the same age as the initial build around November of 2020. According to what I've looked up it's apparently a good and reliable model which is why I picked it in the first place, though I don't know the average lifespan of "reliable" PSUs as I've had stock ones in pre-built machines last many more years than that. I'm not exactly sure what's meant by "reliably built" here other than that, so with the potential that it has gone bad in some particular way, are there any recommended replacement paths other than "same brand but higher peak wattage"?

I'm not sure who I'm going to be asking to borrow a PSU from at this point so I'd potentially end up buying one just to test this approach. If there are any other ideas I could try without having to buy or borrow extra parts like those, I'd also like to hear those suggestions, even if a PSU isn't the most expensive part on average, so I could if I had to.

FoxTypeSystemReq

Prominent
Dec 6, 2022
I've managed to find another PSU of higher wattage to test, and it seems to work fine, but after going through all the effort of installing it, including replacing all the power cables with the ones that came with the unit so it would actually work, I'm still getting the same result of the VGA light being stuck on and a blank display. I've also checked that the graphics card is properly seated. I'm not sure what I should do here, unless I should find more PSUs or even different graphics cards, because I'm limited on parts I can find at the moment.