[SOLVED] Asus keeps booting into BIOS. No Boot Option Available.

Jul 4, 2019
Hello, first of all thank you for lending time to read this post.

i Bought a laptop 3 years ago,
Asus ROG (GL553VD)
Windows 10 64-bit.
GPU Nvidia GeForce 1050 4GB.
Ram 8 GB DDR4.

Yesterday, i found in the Asus Official Support Site that there is a new update for my BIOS. so, i downloaded the file and tool (Winflash) from the Asus Site and start updating. The Update process runs normally without any problem. Once the update os completed the laptop rebooted on its own and opened the bios. At first, i thought that it was meant to show me that the update is completed and i can see the updated version of BIOS on the top left of the Laptop.

Then, i continue by saving and exiting the BIOS. After a few seconds, the laptop boots, loading the Asus logo and went back to the BIOS.

I Also checked the boot options, and there is no boot option for the HDDs. i read the info in the internet but not yet find any solution. i was afraid that it was broken so my only hope is if any of you brother and sister out there that can help me fix my issue here. i would really appriciate it completely.

This is all the info i can give, meybe some more if you ask. but i'm desperate and i don't want to buy another Motherboard.

Thx

Solution
BTW - Asus ROG GL553VD can have SATA SSD/HDD as well as NVME SSD.
If it has NVME SSD, then all those sata controller options would be irrelevant.
Jul 4, 2019
Try changing the SATA settings.

If it somehow got switched to RAID mode, switch it to AHCI mode.

OR

If it is on already AHCI mode, switch it to IDE mode.

Discourse. thx for your reply.
before i manage to find a similar post and solving it by disabling secure boot and turning on CSM.

but before i came into any conclusion, even though it worked, is there a negative impact caused by turning off the secure boot? if there is, then i'll continue with what you stated in your reply, since i'm a little scared to do any more changes

Jun 6, 2019
I would start with the SATA configuration first. It takes about 5 minutes to switch, and switch back.

Although now that I think about it, the SATA config setting will not fix anything if the drives are not being detected. How many drives are installed on the laptop, and are they still listed on the Main BIOS screen? If they are gone then yes, try disabling secure boot. CSM should be on by default as well.