Question ASUS keyboard replacement and part problem

Apr 30, 2019
I have just replace a fautly keyboard on my ASUS UX303L notebook computer. After my keyboard install and before I refitted the rear section of the case I tried the computer and it worked fine. After completion of the assembly I took the computer back inside the house ( I work on things in my caravan so I can leave everything lying around and know they won't be disturbed) and when I started it all "seemed" fine, but then I discovered the left and right mouse clickers did not operate, but the mouse pad did work, so I could move the arrow around. Since then I have pulled it apart a lot of times, done different things and EVENTUALLY I have discovered that when I insert and tightened one of the small screws that attach the rear cover near the mouse pad, the left/right clickers don't work again. When I remove this screw things work again. My deduction is that the black rubber "whatever" that is nearby must touch the rear case when I tighten the screw and that causes the problem. Sure I can leave that screw out, but I don't want to do that so I will insert a photo with a red circle around the part and I would like to know what it is and what it does. I had to unstick this part from the old keyboard and restick it on to the new keyboard and perhaps it is not sticking/fitting as flush as it originally did, who knows? Anyway I would be very pleased if someone could identify the part for me. Here is the URL for my photo. Brian DJ

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipMwyp5h5MvNDLeP-ykNMvEqtMcJLQ3ML5atMK16

Try this URL for a photo:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=YW4xcVo3NTBuVms1dzB4S0pOTDhzeGcwUGFtMGFB

Last edited:
Just an reminder the image gives us error 404.

Are you sure you're not over tightened the screw?

Could you compare the original and replacement? usually what I find for phones when i make the screen replacement that it does not sit flush within the body of the phone,