Question Asus laptop screen darkened, I can see only white things but very dim ?

bomcalca

Honorable
Jul 13, 2018
I just travelled from one city to another with my laptop in the backpack.
When I turned it on, I could see nothing on the screen, just the clock letters from the W11 login can be seen barely in a dark room.
It was working perfectly fine just 12 hours before my travel.

Laptop Specs:
https://www.notebookcheck.info/Asus-TUF-Gaming-F15-FX506HM-HN016.594353.0.html

Tests Done:

• Connected to secondary monitor through HDMI. Worked perfectly in the second screen, laptop scrren keeps the same almost completely black. I could see only the white shirts of the soccer players moving around the screen barely.
  • Both RAMs are detected by the system.
  • Tried pushing the flat LCD connector further.

Any suggestions to test? I would like to try anything before considering buying a whole new screen or new flat connector.
I dont know how to remove and insert this laptop LCD connector completely. Anyone experienced this on ASUS laptops?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending?

Seems to me like the panel on your laptop might've conked out, considering you have no issues with an external display but only on the laptop's own display. A screen replacement might be warranted though in retrospect if the laptop is under warranty, I wouldn't tamper with it and instead contact Asus and initiate an RMA.