ASUS logo screen freeze?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

I have a P5N-D doing the same exact thing.
Freezes on the post screen. Ive tried everything posted as well and still the same deal.

G

Reseating the chip the 15th time seems to have fixxed it. Windows is almost installed :)

krazyjakee

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hi found this thread on google and it helped but i'd like to throw in how I fixed it.

My motherboard is a Asus M4A7XTD EVO and what fixed mine was removing one stick of ram and then the other to test which one is dodgy, and then simply move the dodgy stick into another RAM slot. That fixed it for me!

Thanks.

G

Hi and well done!! I had exactly same problem before, it just stopped at post screen. I couldn't even enter the BIOS. It would detect the hardware at the start screen but it just stopped there. I would like to write about my solution too, incase someoneelse gets the same kind of problem; Here What I did then;

I removed harddisk
start the computer
I pressed F1 ( to enter the bios)
whoaalaa I could enter the bios
I change the setting ( change it to "not installed) on IDE 1 (or where ever harddisk might be connected )
I boot up with a OS installing cd (I used ubuntu 9.10)
I installed ubuntu using entire harddisk
In first restart I entered the bios again change the IDE setting back to normal (auto)
save and exit bios
problem was solved

I am sure you could use some another boot up cd (fx: Fdisk - windows setup cd etc.) format the entire hard disk install new OS- I don't know what exactly went wrong with my harddisk then (maybe problem in MBR) But it is working just fine now. And off course I didn't hasitate formatting my harddisk since I backup My harddisk periodicly...

adesheddie

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
toilet ninja

i have the same problem, i am using usb mouse, whenever my asus logo hangs up, i remove the usb mouse then the computer starts properly, i don't know how, but it works. Try not using usb mouse and keyboard.Use simple keyboards and mouse

encidavid4

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015
I have a similar problem with my asus eee 1000HG, after turn on it get stuck on asus logo gray screen and i can't entered into BIOS with F2 button at that time.
Sometimes if F2 button is pressed and hold before turn on the computer then it stuck on american megatrends amibios screen and shows some info about computer but nothing happened when some button is pressed on keyboard.
I tried all possible solutions and all combination which have been listed and mentioned above but no success.
When i try to access to asus ez bios update with alt+F2 button pressed imminently after turning on the computer i always get "searching for usb device" massage, i tried also with some others usb stick but no one was working (256mb, 4gb, 8gb and all have formatted using fat32 file system).
I have no more idea what should solve my problem??