• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Asus Maximus VI Gene ROG Intel Socket 1150

jefmann65

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
hiya i've bought a Asus Maximus VI Gene ROG Intel Socket 1150 motherboard last night and i just had a look on pcpartpicker and its saying that ..Some Intel Z87 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs.ive got a i7 4790k cpu ..can i just put my cpu in or will i have problems ?? i am totally new to all this so any info would be great thanks

jefmann65

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
yes its new in the box .. i had no clue that i may need to update the bios. would you recommend downloading the latest bios onto a usb stick ?

Tradesman1

Titan
Go ahead and make sure it boots, then can check the version it has (which may well be out of date) and then can update. It might have the latest already, if a version or two behind, then can decide if you want to update