Asus Maximus VII Hero Sound issue

Tysiden

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Hi there,
Been having some issues as of this weekend regarding my sound cutting in and out randomly, ive tried both inputs front and back and all have the same issue. the motherboard is a couple years old and im guessing maybe the onboard sound is starting to die. Would a pcie sound card bypass this issue?

Solution

Have you went through the normal Uninstall/reinstall of driver?

Are there any settings you may be unaware of.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT I DON'T KNOW!!!!!?

Some sound managers will reduce the sound automatically if another application needs it such as a Skype call coming in. That can also be set to give a specific application exclusive control so that other inputs are ignored.

Does this happen with all devices such as...

Have you went through the normal Uninstall/reinstall of driver?

Are there any settings you may be unaware of.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT I DON'T KNOW!!!!!?

Some sound managers will reduce the sound automatically if another application needs it such as a Skype call coming in. That can also be set to give a specific application exclusive control so that other inputs are ignored.

Does this happen with all devices such as a surround system, USB speakers and headphones? I did see you try both inputs but those are both 3.5mm.Some speakers will begin to cut out due to the copper wires breaking inside of the cord if the wire is handled too much.

I would however keep looking into the why of that internal sound chip issue.

To answer your question, yes a sound card will circumvent that issue.

Solution