Question Asus monitor has no signal when using HDMI?

mdifonzo1301

Reputable
Dec 10, 2018
I’m asking this on my behalf as well as a friend’s. That may mean I’d need to post both specs and I’ll try to do that as needed.

I have a 21in. Asus monitor with 1080p 60hz, my friend has the same monitor but in 24in size.

I’ve had my pc for a while now but my friend just ordered basically a top of the line prebuilt. Whenever either of us attempt to use hdmi with our Asus monitors, it simply says no signal. For my case, I am able to get it working by using a dvi cable Instead, but for my friend, their system is so new that it does not come with a dvi port.

Is there truly no way to be using hdmi via our asus monitors? I can use hdmi on a tv as a secondary monitor just fine. But the asus monitor just says no signal found for both of our sakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

My specs: AMD Ryzen 5 (insert numbers I’ll post later if needed) processor with a 1060 gtx video card, 40gb ddr4 ram, msi x470 plus gaming motherboard, etc. I post whatever is needed later on.

Friend’s specs: MSI MPG SEKIRA 100R with glass window
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8x 3.6GHz / 4.4GHz Turbo)
Standard AMD / INTEL box cooling
MSI B550-A PRO
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Corsair 3600MHz Vengeance RGB PRO
500GB Kingston NV1 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME (L 2100MB / s; S 1700MB / s)
1TB SATA 6GB / s 7200rpm
8GB NVIDIA RTX3070 (any manufacturer)
750W be quiet! PurePower 11 FM
no drive
Windows 10 Home 64bit

Something to note about my friend’s predicament is that using the same hdmi cable and monitor for gaming on their Nintendo switch works just fine. No idea if that adds to anything.

Edit: Images of friend’s cables and connection ports.
View: https://imgur.com/a/qALFtbj

Last edited:

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Whenever either of us attempt to use hdmi with our Asus monitors, it simply says no signal. For my case, I am able to get it working by using a dvi cable Instead, but for my friend, their system is so new that it does not come with a dvi port.

Is there truly no way to be using hdmi via our asus monitors? I can use hdmi on a tv as a secondary monitor just fine. But the asus monitor just says no signal found for both of our sakes.
So what does your friend use to get graphic signal?

mdifonzo1301

Reputable
Dec 10, 2018
So what does your friend use to get graphic signal?
I may be misinterpreting your question but my friend ultimately can’t see anything right now. They have no signal because they try to use hdmi but to no avail. It doesn’t work. Same as myself. I can use dvi, but they don’t have a dvi port.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I may be misinterpreting your question but my friend ultimately can’t see anything right now. They have no signal because they try to use hdmi but to no avail. It doesn’t work. Same as myself. I can use dvi, but they don’t have a dvi port.
Since you two have just bought the monitors, I would recommend returning it and get it replaced or refunded. Especially your friend since he has no video signal at all with his available ports.

But before that, you could upload your image of the cables on imgur and post the link here. I and other users will take look to see if there is any problem. Please try to include the cable pins inside the head.

mdifonzo1301

Reputable
Dec 10, 2018
Since you two have just bought the monitors, I would recommend returning it and get it replaced or refunded. Especially your friend since he has no video signal at all with his available ports.

But before that, you could upload your image of the cables on imgur and post the link here. I and other users will take look to see if there is any problem. Please try to include the cable pins inside the head.
Once again, maybe I am misunderstanding, but my friend is currently only using 1 cable. A hdmi cable. They don’t have a dvi port so they can’t use that cable. And they do not own a display port cable.

I will attach a photo of their hdmi cable and their available connection ports on their pc.

mdifonzo1301

Reputable
Dec 10, 2018

View: https://imgur.com/a/qALFtbj