Question Asus monitor not going to sleep?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Latest Windows 11 on HP TE01-1022 with Asus PA278QV monitor and Gigabyte card RTX 4060.

I have set the monitor and the PC to go to sleep via System>Power>Screen and Sleep, both set at 3 minutes. This was working for a while; but now only the PC goes to sleep while the monitor stays on...will go black and then turn bright blue. However, when using my taskbar sleep shortcut (C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0), the monitor will go to sleep...as will the PC. Thanks for your help.

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

I want to know how you're powering the RTX4060 with a measly 180W PSU that came bundled with the HP Prebuilt.
My bad, the PC is a TE01-1020 and has a HP 400W PSU which is working fine for my purposes (photo editing.) The 4060 was added about 6 months ago to replace the dedicated Intel 630...without any problems. Also, the sleep shortcut always worked (works,) and the PC sleep setting had been working fine for several months until it first started working randomly and now not at all. The PC is about 2-3 years old.

EDIT, possible solution
The solution may be in this link (https://superuser.com/questions/174...p-mode-on-windows-11-with-displayport-or-hdmi) under ANSWER. Has to do with disabling "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" from Windows Device Manager. I tried it, and it seems to have worked with PC and screen sleep both set to 3 minutes. Haven't tried for an extended period of time, but it did sleep both when first tried. But it is possible that this can be one of those random times the monitor sleeps?

Last edited:

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Spent about an hour away from the sleeping PC and monitor that had been put to sleep via the supposed solution above. Nuts! Didn't work as all was awake when I returned. I'm now going to put all to sleep via my sleep shortcut...wish me luck.

EDIT: After one hour, PC/monitor still asleep. Looks like the sleep short cut is reliable. But, interesting that both PC/monitor awoke when disabling NVIDIA High Definition Audio" from Windows Device Manager.

Last edited:

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Still not working right. Now, the PC wakes up from sleep although set to sleep after 3 minutes...while the monitor does stay asleep. However, I'm not sure about the PC waking up. Here's what happening: I leave the PC with SiriusXM playing and the monitor on. Coming back, let's say 10-15 minutes later, monitor is surely Off, however music is still playing. I assume that if music is still playing, then PC did not go to sleep. A correct assumption as the PC's start button is still ON and not blinking (blinking indicates sleep.) But, when using the sleep shortcut on the taskbar, monitor is out, the music stops, and the start button is blinking..

EDIT: I think I got everything to sleep. First, let me say that my sleep shortcut is reliable in producing sleep in both the PC and the monitor. I am now noting that when the media (SiriusXM in this case) is ON, PC won't shut sleep because in System Settings>Power Options>Balanced>Plan Settings>Change Advanced power Settings>Multimedia Settings>When Sharing Media>is set to "Prevent idling to sleep" is selected, PC won't go to sleep. So, leaving PC with media OFF will allow for sleep.

Last edited: