News Asus Outlines New Liquid Metal Performance Guarantee for Chinese ROG Laptops

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I wonder if they use the liquid metal TIM in the ROG Flow x16. I've been eyeing one of those since the 2023 models got announced, but the price has yet to hit a number acceptable to me.

I don't think I'd trust Asus to redo the TIM in a laptop. If they didn't get it right the first time, then I don't have confidence they'll get it right the second time. There are too many horror stories about laptops coming back from service centers with a whole new set of problems or the original issue left unfixed. Good job, Asus, for using TIM with good performance characteristics, but maybe consider your service reputation before using it to back up a guarantee.

Brian D Smith

Commendable
Mar 13, 2022
I have a Duo 16 arriving at my door on Thursday - found a new one for about $500 off and decided...since it really is perfect for my needs, my initial balking at the price months ago could take a hike. Besides, it's my birthday.

Brian D Smith

Commendable
Mar 13, 2022
I have a Duo 16 arriving at my door on Thursday - found a new one for about $500 off and decided...since it really is perfect for my needs, my initial balking at the price months ago could take a hike. Besides, it's my birthday.
Happy birthday!
Thanks!!
It came in a day early. Really is nice....no complaints. I wonder why on earth I waited so long to pull the trigger. Of course, I saved $500 by waiting...