[SOLVED] ASUS P5WD2 Premium - USB Failure

Feb 2, 2020
Hi!

So I recently tried to boot up old Server computer for some personal testing today I had to switch out the old PSU and harddrives everything seems to work I can boot up to BIOS but I have some problem with actually setting up the computer because of none of the USBS on the motherboard does work. I do not have any USB inputs on the frontside of the computer I do only got the USBs on the back.

I am using as mentioned in the title the asus p5wd2 premium motherboard

I have tried resetting the CMOS. Dont really know what to do? It seems like there is some power problem because of example that the lights on usb flash drives does not light up and small lights on keyboard does not light up too. Im hoping there is someone that may have any suggestions.

Thanks

Solution
Check your voltages from your PSU.
Unplug everything but the CPU cooler to make sure there isn't short in one of them.

but it wouldn't surprise me if the capacitors have failed on this; its what killed my old Pentium 805 build and that was over 10yrs ago.

popatim

Titan
Check your voltages from your PSU.
Unplug everything but the CPU cooler to make sure there isn't short in one of them.

but it wouldn't surprise me if the capacitors have failed on this; its what killed my old Pentium 805 build and that was over 10yrs ago.

Solution
Feb 2, 2020
Yeah I guess they have failed. Have tried unplugging everything except the cpu + cpu cooler. I mean the motherboard is around 14-15 years old so what can I expect. Thanks anyways! :)