Question Asus P8H61-M PRO/V-P8H61E/DP_MB Socket LGA 1155 help please

zakitc

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Hi, I have above mentioned Asus P8H61-M PRO/V-P8H61E/DP_MB motherboard to replace my old, dead one. But after set up - it won't work - even signal to the screen is not going through. Changed graphics card, reset BIOS. CMOS. Have disconnected everything not needed - dead. So question arises - does it actually support 3rd generation intel cpu's? When I was buying it - I assumed that first part - P8H61-M PRO is the actual motherboard model, but just recently noticed that they are different. The last one cpu support list does have my cpu listed (i5-3570k 3.4GHz) but as the motherboard looks different :( It's all very confusing. When I talked to seller - his answer was - he tested it with 2nd generation cpu - respectively - he thinks it is working. Is it possible that I need to update BIOS, but how can I update BIOS, if I can't even get in to the BIOS? Thank you for help in advance...

What was your old motherboard?
Your wording to me is a little confusing, since you don't mention it but refer to it.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/H61_Express.html - says it can

If you want the BIOS updated you are going to have to send it back to him and get him to update it, or ask a friend if they have a 2nd gen that works and if you can use it.
OR you can write to ASUS and they may send you a chip to replace (if it is possible to replace on this board)

zakitc

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
What was your old motherboard?
Your wording to me is a little confusing, since you don't mention it but refer to it.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/H61_Express.html - says it can

If you want the BIOS updated you are going to have to send it back to him and get him to update it, or ask a friend if they have a 2nd gen that works and if you can use it.
OR you can write to ASUS and they may send you a chip to replace (if it is possible to replace on this board)

Hi, Old motherboard was Gigabyte GA-B75M-DP3. Thank you for reply :) English is not my mother tongue - so...:) But I understand what you mean - I just have never had experience with Intel boards and cpu's (This is my friends situation - I am AMD guy), so it's seems confusing and unneccesary complicated for me...

Thank you again