[SOLVED] Asus Prime A320m-E quality for a budget rig?

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Hi,
Just ordered the above mentioned motherboard to go with my middle range gaming build as I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something quality and functional to get the job done. Don't want any crazy features. It's going with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU (not overclocking, don't want to, never have) and a GTX 1660 Super.
My concern is that a friend of mine told me it's going to give out over extended gaming usage and that I should go for a more expensive motherboard to avoid this. Is this a concern with a board like this? What other (non expensive) boards could I look at if this is a concern?

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Hi,
Just ordered the above mentioned motherboard to go with my middle range gaming build as I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something quality and functional to get the job done. Don't want any crazy features. It's going with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU (not overclocking, don't want to, never have) and a GTX 1660 Super.
My concern is that a friend of mine told me it's going to give out over extended gaming usage and that I should go for a more expensive motherboard to avoid this. Is this a concern with a board like this? What other (non expensive) boards could I look at if this is a concern?

Thanks for any help.
He is probably right, VRM on that MB is not good, you'd be much better off with any 450 MB. In any case you will need...
Hi,

Thanks for any help.
He is probably right, VRM on that MB is not good, you'd be much better off with any 450 MB. In any case you will need to make certain MB comes with appropriate BIOS version to work with 3rd gen Ryzen.

Solution