Processor Cooler: EK Waterblock
Motherboard: Asus B350-Prime
Ram: 16gb Ballistix 2666mhz overclocked to 3000mhz
Graphics Card: 1080ti PNY
Storage: 480gb Kingston SSD and Western Digital 1tb Hard Drive
Power Supply: 600w 80+ White smart Thermaltake
Watercooling: EK Fluid Gaming A240 Kit

Hey People,

I have been having the worst problems with my pc. I've been dealing with multiple freezing's with my PC for months. My windows will freeze and stop responding. I crash very often in games. I freeze in every single game, even roblox. Google freezes. Even typing this it freezes. I was suspected it to be a combo of a bad mobo and a bad ssd. I am waiting for the B550 to come out to buy a new board and i haven't figured out the ssd yet. If anyone has any insight on this please, please help me. Specs posted on the top of this thread. I have attached my heart and soul into building this.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I feel for you. I had the worst issue with this after upgrading a 370 board from 1700 to 2700x.
I had reinstalled Windows multiple times, changed hardware, all manner of things I tried. I found that turning off PBO/XMP helped but wasn't a permanent fix. What ended up making mine happy was a BIOS update to latest, even against the manufacturer recommend based on my CPU. (Taichi and 2700X) Even with the express understanding that I could have bricked my mobo at that point it was either going to work or I was buying a new one anyway.

Funny enough that every part I took out of this machine in the process of locating the fault is another whole machine that runs like a champ.

SpentTOOMuch

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
I feel for you. I had the worst issue with this after upgrading a 370 board from 1700 to 2700x.
I had reinstalled Windows multiple times, changed hardware, all manner of things I tried. I found that turning off PBO/XMP helped but wasn't a permanent fix. What ended up making mine happy was a BIOS update to latest, even against the manufacturer recommend based on my CPU. (Taichi and 2700X) Even with the express understanding that I could have bricked my mobo at that point it was either going to work or I was buying a new one anyway.

Funny enough that every part I took out of this machine in the process of locating the fault is another whole machine that runs like a champ.

I've done a bois updated everyday to see if a new one came out. It still has not helped. I have done AT LEAST 25 times on this PC alone. And that is not a exaggeration.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64x
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x
Processor Cooler: EK Waterblock
Motherboard: Asus B350-Prime
Ram: 16gb Ballistix 2666mhz overclocked to 3000mhz
Graphics Card: 1080ti PNY
Storage: 480gb Kingston SSD and Western Digital 1tb Hard Drive
Power Supply: 600w 80+ White smart Thermaltake
Watercooling: EK Fluid Gaming A240 Kit

Hey People,

I have been having the worst problems with my pc. I've been dealing with multiple freezing's with my PC for months. My windows will freeze and stop responding. I crash very often in games. I freeze in every single game, even roblox. Google freezes. Even typing this it freezes. I was suspected it to be a combo of a bad mobo and a bad ssd. I am waiting for the B550 to come out to buy a new board and i haven't figured out the ssd yet. If anyone has any insight on this please, please help me. Specs posted on the top of this thread. I have attached my heart and soul into building this.
Have you reset CMOS?

What temperature is your processor running at idle and during gaming?

Are you running any motherboard utilities or other utilities such as iCue?

It's not certain yet, but B550 may not support Ryzen 2000 (Picasso) processors, only Ryzen 3000 (Matisse) and the new Ryzen 4000.

https://www.techpowerup.com/266710/...r-zen-3-older-am4-motherboards-not-compatible

It's highy likely your Windows installation has been corrupted, possibly by an unstable memory overclock previously. If so, doing a repair upgrade install might fix it:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html