[SOLVED] ASUS prime b350 plus m.2 working on x2 instead of x4

Jan 18, 2020
I have ASUS prime b350 plus
Still cant get my M.2 adata xs8200 to work over 1700mbs read or write becuse my m.2 is working only x2 instead of x4 witch is half
And it should be workin becuse i am using ryzen 5 3600

AMD Ryzen™ Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*4
My sata 1 and 2 are poulated in raid 0
Have a rx 580 in 16x slot
and that m.2 that is all

Tried to set up manual x4 in bios bios but it didnt help.
its still working x2. Any sugestions?
View: https://imgur.com/a/pzrkKjz

Solution
It looks like you covered all the bases, although I'll ask that you make sure the SATA drives aren't in SATA ports SATA_5 and/or SATA_6 which share bandwidth with the M.2 socket. These would be the two SATA ports separate from the other four (topmost). Although I suspect you already know this.

The M.2 socket on this board uses direct CPU lanes so it's otherwise unfettered for x4 use, assuming it's set in BIOS (which you said you did). This means it's more likely a BIOS issue related to the Zen 2 CPU in my opinion.
It looks like you covered all the bases, although I'll ask that you make sure the SATA drives aren't in SATA ports SATA_5 and/or SATA_6 which share bandwidth with the M.2 socket. These would be the two SATA ports separate from the other four (topmost). Although I suspect you already know this.

The M.2 socket on this board uses direct CPU lanes so it's otherwise unfettered for x4 use, assuming it's set in BIOS (which you said you did). This means it's more likely a BIOS issue related to the Zen 2 CPU in my opinion.

Solution
Jan 18, 2020
The bios is the newest and I know about the sata 5 and 6 limitation. So I use number 1 and 2. I will try to pull my vga and use onboard graphic just to see if there is any diference

May 1, 2020
Saw this and realised it's pretty damn recent.

------

Have just migrated from an SSD to NVMe disk as I was getting tired of uninstalling programs - and there was time amidst the LockDown!

I'm in the same boat as you.
Ryzen 1700x - Asus B350plus.
16gb Vengeance OC RAM.

Nothing in 5 and 6 Sata.

Upgraded to most recent BIOS.

It's stated PCIe 3.0 x4 on the website, but it's looking more like x2.
1700MB/s Reads, 800MB/s Writes on Crystal DiskMark.

Pretty damn disappointing. I've opened a support call with Asus.

The 4x setting in the BIOS you're talking about isn't relating to this setting BTW. Read the text on the BIOS screen carefully. It's referring to PCIe16x_2 slot being set to either 2x or 4x, depending if things are installed elsewhere. It's not related to the PCIe setting globally.

Jun 5, 2020
Saw this and realised it's pretty damn recent.

------

Have just migrated from an SSD to NVMe disk as I was getting tired of uninstalling programs - and there was time amidst the LockDown!

I'm in the same boat as you.
Ryzen 1700x - Asus B350plus.
16gb Vengeance OC RAM.

Nothing in 5 and 6 Sata.

Upgraded to most recent BIOS.

It's stated PCIe 3.0 x4 on the website, but it's looking more like x2.
1700MB/s Reads, 800MB/s Writes on Crystal DiskMark.

Pretty damn disappointing. I've opened a support call with Asus.

The 4x setting in the BIOS you're talking about isn't relating to this setting BTW. Read the text on the BIOS screen carefully. It's referring to PCIe16x_2 slot being set to either 2x or 4x, depending if things are installed elsewhere. It's not related to the PCIe setting globally.

Did you receive any updates from the ASUS support? I am planning to buy an SX8200 to the same motherboard.

May 1, 2020
Turns out... you definitely can get 4X out of M.2.
ASU’s support were helpful. The irony there was that I fixed it just before they finally told me how to fix it.
Resolved it by removing all disks except m.2. Booting up.
Then, removing the m.2 last and attempting to boot to BIOS.
When I popped the m.2 back in, the system couldn’t see it for a short time. Performed a CMOS and a couple of restarts... then suddenly, m.2 was available... booted to it and checkEd Crystaldisk mark to my surprise 4X!

I thought that I should add other disks back in 1 by 1... just Incase the system returned back to 2X. It didn’t!

just a janky BIOS.

if I remember correctly - I was a day one 1700x purchaser and motherboards were rushed out for the zen release. So much so, there was very little validation on RAM speeds and Docp.
I digress.
This motherboard is compatible, you just might find you have to cheat the board into recognising it at the right speed!