Question Asus Prime x470 two M.2's

Oct 9, 2021
I recently bought another m.2 to add to my pc. I had a Teamgroup sata 3 and the new m.2 is a inland 1tb nvme. I can only get one drive to appear in bios at a time. The 1tb is in the top slot and 500gb in second. Can this motherboard only run sata 3 or nvme? Ive had both drives appear but cannot get them at the same time.

Oct 9, 2021
motherboard: ASUS x470 Prime
GPU: GIGABYTE 2080ti
CPU: AMD 2600x
1tb HDD in sata 1 spot
1tb inland nvme (top slot)
500gb teamgroup sata3 (bottom slot)

The 1TB was showing without the Teamgroup plugged in, but then I replugged in the teamgroup into second slot and now that is showing. No sign of 1TB

That's strange,I have an NVME drive in each slot and both work. 2nd M.2 shares PCIe lines with with bottom PCIe slots, do you have anything plugged in them ?
Other than top PCIe and M.2 slots are PCIe v2 so NVME drives run with reduced performance but should work.
It may not appear in BIOS but you should see it in Windows Device manager > Disks and in Disk management to format it,

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021
That's strange,I have an NVME drive in each slot and both work. 2nd M.2 shares PCIe lines with with bottom PCIe slots, do you have anything plugged in them ?
Other than top PCIe and M.2 slots are PCIe v2 so NVME drives run with reduced performance but should work.
It may not appear in BIOS but you should see it in Windows Device manager > Disks and in Disk management to format it,
Its been very odd. I dont have anything plugged into the other PCI slots. They are both already formatted. I might just have to play around with it and hopefully get lucky lol