Aug 4, 2023
I have an old new build that is plaguing me with boot issues!
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
Intel I7-9700k 3.60GHz
G-SKILL 16G DDR4 2133MHz X4
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G
WD 1TB Green M.2 2280
Cooler Master Master Box Pro 5
Cooler Master MWE 650 Gold
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R

I previously had an ASUS ROG STRIX Z-390 that was doing the same thing I am dealing with now. The build and install of Windows 10 went great and everything worked great for several weeks, then the system would crash, the PC would shut down completely, then boot back up. I left it alone for a while because I just did not have the time or patience to deal with it. I am now dealing with it again and decided to try a different motherboard. Just like the last time, the build and Windows 10 install went great, I was even able to upgrade to Windows 11, and everything was great for about a week, now it is doing the same thing! I replaced the M.2 hard drive and have to install Windows. I am able to power up and get to the BIOS, most of the time, when I install the Windows USB flash and reboot, the PC keeps rebooting not even making past the POST. When I remove the USB flash, it might boot into the BIOS or it may just keep rebooting. If I shut down the PC for an hour or so then boot, it boots back into the BIOS maybe 80% of the time. I have tried all FLASH ports with the same results. When it does boot into the BIOS I am able to see all of the hardware connected to the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an old new build that is plaguing me with boot issues!
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
Intel I7-9700k 3.60GHz
G-SKILL 16G DDR4 2133MHz X4
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G
WD 1TB Green M.2 2280
Cooler Master Master Box Pro 5
Cooler Master MWE 650 Gold
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R

I previously had an ASUS ROG STRIX Z-390 that was doing the same thing I am dealing with now. The build and install of Windows 10 went great and everything worked great for several weeks, then the system would crash, the PC would shut down completely, then boot back up. I left it alone for a while because I just did not have the time or patience to deal with it. I am now dealing with it again and decided to try a different motherboard. Just like the last time, the build and Windows 10 install went great, I was even able to upgrade to Windows 11, and everything was great for about a week, now it is doing the same thing! I replaced the M.2 hard drive and have to install Windows. I am able to power up and get to the BIOS, most of the time, when I install the Windows USB flash and reboot, the PC keeps rebooting not even making past the POST. When I remove the USB flash, it might boot into the BIOS or it may just keep rebooting. If I shut down the PC for an hour or so then boot, it boots back into the BIOS maybe 80% of the time. I have tried all FLASH ports with the same results. When it does boot into the BIOS I am able to see all of the hardware connected to the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make it smaller.
Remove the gpu and connect to the igp.....test.