[SOLVED] ASUS Prime Z390-A Stopped Booting (and POSTing)

Feb 26, 2021
Hi, I've found similar questions on this forum, but they all seem to be for new builds. My desktop has been working for 3.5 months, and now it doesn't POST.

When the PSU is plugged in and turned on, the back-panel, chipset, and VGA card lighting is displayed. When powered on, the fans turn on, but it doesn't beep, display any of the boot-check Q LEDs, and nothing is displayed on the monitor.

A week prior to this, it stopped recovering from sleep and then stopped shutting down fully. Before that, it was working perfectly, and I haven't added or messed with anything.

Specs:
ASUS Prime Z390-A
Intel Core i7-9700K
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (16GBx2) CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2 SSD

I've unplugged all devices, replaced RAM in the A2/B2 slots, tried onboard VGA, and attempted to clear CMOS, but it behaves exactly the same.

A SeaSonic X650 Gold PSU from 2016 is the only non-new component. I was going to try a new Corsair RM750x PSU, but other than that, does this seem like an RMA?

Thanks!

Solution
Agreed. Hence the post. ;-)

I've been building and fixing computers for a long time, but I've never run into an issue like this. So honestly, this was just a shot in the dark.
Sounds like a faulty mobo almost psu is quality. Same with everything else even the the mobo however the way you explain it sound like the mobo has a issue
Hi, I've found similar questions on this forum, but they all seem to be for new builds. My desktop has been working for 3.5 months, and now it doesn't POST.

When the PSU is plugged in and turned on, the back-panel, chipset, and VGA card lighting is displayed. When powered on, the fans turn on, but it doesn't beep, display any of the boot-check Q LEDs, and nothing is displayed on the monitor.

A week prior to this, it stopped recovering from sleep and then stopped shutting down fully. Before that, it was working perfectly, and I haven't added or messed with anything.

Specs:
ASUS Prime Z390-A
Intel Core i7-9700K
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (16GBx2) CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2 SSD

I've unplugged all devices, replaced RAM in the A2/B2 slots, tried onboard VGA, and attempted to clear CMOS, but it behaves exactly the same.

A SeaSonic X650 Gold PSU from 2016 is the only non-new component. I was going to try a new Corsair RM750x PSU, but other than that, does this seem like an RMA?

Thanks!
Working for that long means everything "was" stable.... Now it's not....