[SOLVED] Asus R510DP with CPU A10-5750M, the cooler works but the temperature is high

Jan 10, 2019
Hi there, I own a laptop asus R510DP with a10-5750M processor. The laptop was purchased in 2014, and until last year it went impeccably, all the while I used it for office and games activities (CS: GO). All time he was sitting on an external USB cooler, lately climbing at very high temperatures, 70 degrees in the desktop without any load, 90-99 when google chrome or CS: GO. I unpacked it, I cleaned it, I changed the thermoconductor paste on the processor and the GPU. What could be the problem? Why is it climbing to these temperatures? Both the external cooler and the internal cooler function, the inside of the engine runs at quite high speeds, although the processor still remains at 90 degrees.

Solution
Before we start troubleshooting, you should use AMD Overdrive to monitor the temperatures correctly. It will display a thermal margin between 0 and 70C. The higher it is, the cooler the APU actually is. At 0C, it will start to throttle. Ideally, it should be over 10C under load.

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
Before we start troubleshooting, you should use AMD Overdrive to monitor the temperatures correctly. It will display a thermal margin between 0 and 70C. The higher it is, the cooler the APU actually is. At 0C, it will start to throttle. Ideally, it should be over 10C under load.

Solution