News Asus Releases First Windows 11 Motherboard BIOS Up

InvalidError

Titan
Does Microsoft know there's a world wide chip shortage that isn't going away anytime soon?
It shouldn't be a problem: Windows 10 support isn't ending until 2025 at the very least and the bunch of new or upgraded fabs coming online in 2022-2024 should substantially increase supply across the 2-7nm range. By the time Windows 10 support ends, 200-series motherboards that lack integrated TPM 2.0 support will be 7+ years old, well on their way to retirement as daily-use computers.

mikeebb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
FWIW, I have a MSI Z490 motherboard that, when the fTPM and Secure Boot were enabled, flew right through the MS compatibility "health" checker when it was briefly available. No problem. So it's very possible that some slightly older (10th gen Intel in mine) computers will work with some BIOS settings. Just try it - enable the TPM, reboot back into the BIOS, then enroll the Secure Boot keys and enable Secure Boot. Reboot again, Windows 10 will be perfectly happy with it, and if you find a Win11 checker it probably will be too. BTW, in my case, the clean bill of health included working fine with a GTX 750ti GPU. That doesn't mean I'll volunteer for Win11 - there are certain things I really don't like about it, but assuming enough of it gets fixed I will probably move before Win10 goes out to pasture in 2025.