[SOLVED] ASUS ROG 570-E Motherboard - No Display

Dec 3, 2021
I have a new PC build and am running into an issue with the display. Basically the new PC does not show anything via HDMI or Display Port to any monitors. (I have tried 3.) I have used the onboard video during troubleshooting and removed most components and cables (USB, 3080 GPU, all SAS drives, M2 etc) Basically down to MB, CPU, 1 DIMM, PSU, Keyboard, Power Cable and DP/HDMI cable. Still boots to diagnostic code 02 and no display. PC is dead. Newegg doesn't have stock in MB and cannot provide an advanced RMA. I also tried ASUS Flashback BIOS update and that appeared to take (although I have no way of visually confirming) and it still doesn't show any display.

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Ryzen 5 3rd Gen - RYZEN 5 3600 Matisse (Zen 2) 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W
Crucial P2 2TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 Video Card

This is my first experience with ASUS MB and AMD and I am ready to switch back to Intel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Correct, those ports are only active when an APU (what Ryzen calls a CPU with integrated graphics like a 3200G) is installed. There used to be motherboards with their own integrated graphics, but those started moving to CPUs about 15 years ago, and I'm unaware of any mainstream consumer motherboards since some retrofit AM3+ motherboards that have their own graphics.

If the 1070 is working that suggests an issue with the RTX 3080 Ti itself. May simply be DOA, which does happen from time-to-time. This wouldn't be an Intel vs. AMD issue, both will work fine with any GPU.
Dec 3, 2021
I have tried an ASUS VN248H-P 24" and an ASUS VX238 23" monitor. I am using two different HDMI cables and Display Port cable. None of those combinations work.

02 means AP initialization before microcode loading - according to the manual.

PSU is a Corsair HX750

Dec 3, 2021
So a little progress sorry forgot to post this last night. I removed the 3080 Ti and replaced it with a 1070. The video out on that card worked.

I also read that even though the MB has DP and HDMI out the AMD Ryzen 3600 series processor does not have integrated video and that's why those ports were essentially dead.

Next up is figuring out why the 3080 Ti doesn't output any video.

This is my first adventure with AMD and I am already regretting switching from Intel.

DSzymborski

Titan
Correct, those ports are only active when an APU (what Ryzen calls a CPU with integrated graphics like a 3200G) is installed. There used to be motherboards with their own integrated graphics, but those started moving to CPUs about 15 years ago, and I'm unaware of any mainstream consumer motherboards since some retrofit AM3+ motherboards that have their own graphics.

If the 1070 is working that suggests an issue with the RTX 3080 Ti itself. May simply be DOA, which does happen from time-to-time. This wouldn't be an Intel vs. AMD issue, both will work fine with any GPU.

Solution