Question ASUS ROG FLOW X16 Screen Issues

Jul 22, 2023
Hello, I wasn't exactly sure where to turn to ask for support on this so I figured this would be a good place to start. I just purchased an ASUS ROG FLOW x16 from Best Buy and straight out of the box it has been having this issue. Randomly my screen will start flickering black then it will send me to the Windows login page and it will scan my face ID and sign me back in. It does this about 3 to 4 times then stops for a little while and will randomly happen again. I believe it only happens when I'm in a fullscreen application, but I haven't been able to fully narrow that down. It is super frustrating and I haven't been able to find another post anywhere of someone having the same issue, again maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Either way if anyone has any information or troubleshooting for this issue that would be great. If I can't figure it out I will just take it back to Best Buy and pray a replacement solves the issue! Side note, when it boots me to the login screen there's a constant blinking red light up by the camera, not sure if that is of any relevance or if that's just a normal part of the login screen. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this!!

Hello, I wasn't exactly sure where to turn to ask for support on this so I figured this would be a good place to start. I just purchased an ASUS ROG FLOW x16 from Best Buy and straight out of the box it has been having this issue. Randomly my screen will start flickering black then it will send me to the Windows login page and it will scan my face ID and sign me back in. It does this about 3 to 4 times then stops for a little while and will randomly happen again. I believe it only happens when I'm in a fullscreen application, but I haven't been able to fully narrow that down. It is super frustrating and I haven't been able to find another post anywhere of someone having the same issue, again maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Either way if anyone has any information or troubleshooting for this issue that would be great. If I can't figure it out I will just take it back to Best Buy and pray a replacement solves the issue! Side note, when it boots me to the login screen there's a constant blinking red light up by the camera, not sure if that is of any relevance or if that's just a normal part of the login screen. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this!!
Sounds like one of several things can be happening, failed component, failed instal of windows, bios needs update for better support, driver failure, and or cable issue

TRENDING THREADS