Question Asus rog g750jz shutting down

Oct 6, 2019
Hello friends, since of 2 months now I have random shut downs with my laptop.I have not been able to replicate the problem but,sometimes it shuts down when im in my computer,but primarily when I play games or I am just in a game. I have cleaned and opened the laptop but nothing I could find that could be troubling. My battery died some time ago and since then I have been using it without the battery. Please help.

P.S Funny things is that in the same 30min I played a gpu stress test and benchmark with no problem but with 3 attempts to play a game it shut down.Could it be a software issue or hardware,i could provide logs or some sort some one to take a look and help.

Last edited:

TheComputerNerd

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Yes there are no bsod just the laptop shuts down flat like someone cut your power. I got a new power cable and sane thing
I think the solution to this issue is getting a battery for the laptop, when there is no battery that means that it is constantly at 0%, if something suddenly requires more power than your charger can provide then the battery kicks in to supplement the power, however, you have no battery installed to supplement this power so it just dies.