[SOLVED] ASUS ROG GR8-II vs G20CB

4r8en

Honorable
Nov 10, 2014
Hello everyone,
I hope You have a great day ;)

I have a chance to buy either of this PCs for very attractive price (sub 400$) and I wanted to ask You which one would be a better choice.

Till now I'm using my good ol' GR6, but I need something better, which of these will be a bigger step up from GR6?

So let's get ready to rumble!!!

Round 1 - Specs:
GR8-II
CPU: i5-7400
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 8 GB
SSD: 256 GB

G20CB
CPU: i5-6400
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 8 GB
SSD: 128 GB

Round 2 - futureproof
Which of this PCs has a desktop architecture? Which one gives a chance to upgrade CPU and GPU? From what I know GR8-II is more of a laptop architecture and G20CB is desktop but but tightly packed, is it true?

Round 3 - overall impressions
Which one is overall a better package?

Thank You all for Your help and have a great day.

Solution
I would say neither, since you're investing in an old platform that will soon see replacement parts for it be either expensive or non existent or both. The G20CB might be alright but the 6th Gen is already 4 generations older than what Intel is offering now.

I'd ask you to muster up the courage and funds to build an entry level system that you have an idea of what's going into the build and you know you can upgrade down the road.

Lutfij

Titan
I would say neither, since you're investing in an old platform that will soon see replacement parts for it be either expensive or non existent or both. The G20CB might be alright but the 6th Gen is already 4 generations older than what Intel is offering now.

I'd ask you to muster up the courage and funds to build an entry level system that you have an idea of what's going into the build and you know you can upgrade down the road.

Solution