ASUS ROG Strix B350 Motherboard randomly stops outputting all signals?

Mar 16, 2018
I recently purchased a ASUS B350F gaming motherboard, Ryzen 1600X and 16gb (4x4gb) of Corsair Vengence 3000MHz ram and I’ve been experiencing issues where the PC will randomly stop outputting from all outputs, screens, mouse and keyboard, headset will all stop working. The fans and lights all stay on but the pc becomes fully unresponsive. The only way to fix it is to turn it off at the wall because not even the power button works. These blackouts can happen anytime, happens in games, web browsing, even just sitting on the desktop it does it. I have no clue what’s wrong.

I’ve literally tried everything, even went as far as buying a new PSU but still get the same result. Please help :(

PC Specs
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming B350F
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengence 3000MHz
Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1050ti 4GB
PSU: Corsair RM650X

Solution
1. Have you updated your motherboard to the latest drivers and BIOS?
2. RAM speed above 2666MHz is an overclock on the ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING motherboard. If you are running your Corsair Vengeance memory at 3000MHz it could be causing instability.
1. Have you updated your motherboard to the latest drivers and BIOS?
2. RAM speed above 2666MHz is an overclock on the ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING motherboard. If you are running your Corsair Vengeance memory at 3000MHz it could be causing instability.

Solution

peterturnbull

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Did you find a solution?? the exact same thing happened to me today similair build apart from i have 3200mhz and my graphics card is an msi 980ti and 1800x. I did originally have my ram oc at the 3200 but it was causing instability so i just left it stock afaik bios is up to date