Question ASUS ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING - USB boot problems

Mindraid

Reputable
Dec 9, 2019
Hi guys
Just got my new Asus motherboard(ASUS ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING) and I want to install Windows 7 that I have on a USB stick. It was made from a real Windows 7 DVD image with WINUSB.
It boots into Windows 7 and looks ready to install but both my keyboard and mouse are disabled, so I can't continue.
I can see that the light on my keyboard goes out when the USB stick with Windows 7 boots.

I don't want to install Windows 10! But I made a stick with Windows 10 and sure enough both my keyboard and mouse works, but I did not install Windows 10.

Am I missing some drivers in the Windows 7 image or does it just not load any drivers? If this is the case, how do I add som keyboard and mouse drivers?

Could it be some bios setting that I have missed?

I don't have a working DVD burner.

Best regards,
Hans

popatim

Titan
What are the PC's Specs?
on Newer systems, you can't just install Win7, it lacks the USB drivers and MS & Intel won't supply them so you end up with exactly what you have going on, the USB mouse and keyboard won't work.

AMD does have Win7 drivers but you have to slipstream them into the Installation Flashdrive.
You can do the same for Intel but it's a bitmore research and way more drivers to slipstream in.

Next best option is to use your Wini7 activation Key to install Win10.

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
This is due to lacking support for older hardware. Try installing windows ten from Microsoft’s website onto a usb ( it’s free ) and then it should work. This happens to me I was building a new office pc and the owners wanted to use W7 but then I explained to them it’s going out of date in 2019 and they said go for windows 10.

Mindraid

Reputable
Dec 9, 2019
What are the PC's Specs?
on Newer systems, you can't just install Win7, it lacks the USB drivers and MS & Intel won't supply them so you end up with exactly what you have going on, the USB mouse and keyboard won't work.

AMD does have Win7 drivers but you have to slipstream them into the Installation Flashdrive.
You can do the same for Intel but it's a bitmore research and way more drivers to slipstream in.

Next best option is to use your Wini7 activation Key to install Win10.
Hi
Thanks for your post. If AMD has the drivers where can I download them for the slipstream?

/H