[SOLVED] ASUS ROG Strix B550-F boot loop. No bios, wont post, please help :(

Sep 16, 2021
I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard after my ASUS TUF X570 went bad (according to a diagnostic from a reputable local PC repair shop). I have since migrated all of my components over to the new board. My build consists of the following:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw V Series DDR4 3200 2x16GB
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080TI
PSU: Seasonic Prime Platinum 80+ 850W
SSD: Intel SSDPEKNW020T8X1 - 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Chassis: Fractal Meshify C

When the system powers on all the fans begin to spin (even on the GPU) and the RGB turns on, and the Q-Led lights will flash in this order (Orange DRAM light will hold solid for 2-3 seconds, then it will cycle through the red VGA light, the white CPU light and finally the green Boot light each for about half a second. After that the system resets itself and repeats the same process. I get no splash screen and no access to the bios. After allowing the loop to run for an hour or so on 2 occasions the system posted and allowed me to configure the BIOS settings, but when I save and exit the loop begins again. I have tried literally everything I can think of doing, such as:

-Re-seating and dusting every component individually as well as their connections
-Booting with every possible RAM configuration
-Thoroughly checked the CPU for bent or damaged pins, and reapplied thermal paste
-Checked to make sure CPU cooler was installed correctly and sat flush atop the CPU
-Flashing the BIOS to the most recent version using BIOS Flashback
-Clearing CMOS by shorting the CLRTC jumper
-Resetting BIOS by removing CMOS battery for 1 hour

All of this to no avail. The two times it did boot all of my hardware was showing in the BIOS and running at the correct frequency.

It's been over a day since I've been able to even access the BIOS and I'm still stuck in this boot loop. Any feedback or insight would be appreciated as I'm seriously at my wits end.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard after my ASUS TUF X570 went bad (according to a diagnostic from a reputable local PC repair shop). I have since migrated all of my components over to the new board. My build consists of the following:

When the system powers on all the fans begin to spin (even on the GPU) and the RGB turns on, and the Q-Led lights will flash in this order (Orange DRAM light will hold solid for 2-3 seconds, then it will cycle through the...

When the system powers on all the fans begin to spin (even on the GPU) and the RGB turns on, and the Q-Led lights will flash in this order (Orange DRAM light will hold solid for 2-3 seconds, then it will cycle through the red VGA light, the white CPU light and finally the green Boot light each for about half a second. After that the system resets itself and repeats the same process. I get no splash screen and no access to the bios. After allowing the loop to run for an hour or so on 2 occasions the system posted and allowed me to configure the BIOS settings, but when I save and exit the loop begins again. I have tried literally everything I can think of doing, such as:

-Re-seating and dusting every component individually as well as their connections
-Booting with every possible RAM configuration
-Thoroughly checked the CPU for bent or damaged pins, and reapplied thermal paste
-Checked to make sure CPU cooler was installed correctly and sat flush atop the CPU
-Flashing the BIOS to the most recent version using BIOS Flashback
-Clearing CMOS by shorting the CLRTC jumper
-Resetting BIOS by removing CMOS battery for 1 hour

All of this to no avail. The two times it did boot all of my hardware was showing in the BIOS and running at the correct frequency.

It's been over a day since I've been able to even access the BIOS and I'm still stuck in this boot loop. Any feedback or insight would be appreciated as I'm seriously at my wits end.
Thanks in advance!
you should try the motherboard on other cpu. if i works, then the 3900 have some problems with it.

Solution