Question ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F boot time issue - Gets stuck at DRAM for 25+ seconds (HELP)

Rehan_wishmaster

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Hello, I am experiencing this very weird problem. I just built my new PC and when I turn on the power button, everything powers up and stays powers up for 20 second +-, the DRAM light also stays on and then it goes to CPU VGA and then to boot and finally the PC posts and I end up in windows. I have tried everything there is on the internet regarding this:
  • Changed the CMOS battery
  • PLL Disabled
  • Fast boot enabled and disabled
  • Fast boot disabled and enabled in windows
  • Disabling legacy USB in BIOS
  • Without and with EXPO
  • Putting AI Tweaking to auto
  • Removing USBs and other drives.
  • Checking if the bios flash button is not stuck.
  • Disabled / Enabled / Autoed memory context restore
The computer runs fine but waiting for 1 min+ or so is really annoying with such a powerful machine when my older PC boots within 10 seconds.
Here are my specs:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
XFX 7900XT
ASUS Rog Strix B650ME-F Gaming Wifi
Samsung Evo 990 2TB PCIe 5.0 NVME
850W NZXT Gold 80 Plus PSU
DeepCool LS720 SE AIO
Lexar 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 Ram
I have desperately tried everything and nothing is working. Its really annoying to have this happen to such an expensive PC. Any help is appreciated. I have no idea why it stays on DRAM and DRAM light stays on for 20+ seconds before it starts booting. RAM has no errors as well.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello, I am experiencing this very weird problem. I just built my new PC and when I turn on the power button, everything powers up and stays powers up for 20 second +-, the DRAM light also stays on and then it goes to CPU VGA and then to boot and finally the PC posts and I end up in windows. I have tried everything there is on the internet regarding this:
  • PLL Disabled
  • Without and with EXPO
The computer runs fine but waiting for 1 min+ or so is really annoying with such a powerful machine when my older PC boots within 10 seconds.
Here are my specs:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
XFX 7900XT
DeepCool LS720 SE AIO
I have desperately tried everything and nothing is working. Its really annoying to have this happen to such an expensive PC. Any help is appreciated. I have no idea why it stays on DRAM and DRAM light stays on for 20+ seconds before it starts booting. RAM has no errors as well.
Their a setting in BIOS to disable memory training, that's what it sounds like it training the memory each boot.

Disable memory training in the bios by enabling the "Memory Context Restore" feature (Extreme Tweaker > DRAM Timing Control > Memory Context Restore -> Enabled).

EDIT Not the same board but should fix it.

Reactions: Why_Me

Rehan_wishmaster

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Their a setting in BIOS to disable memory training, that's what it sounds like it training the memory each boot.

Disable memory training in the bios by enabling the "Memory Context Restore" feature (Extreme Tweaker > DRAM Timing Control > Memory Context Restore -> Enabled).

EDIT Not the same board but should fix it.
I tried it already. Still 30+ seconds to post and then 20 seconds to load into windows.

• PLL Disabled
  • Without and with EXPO
Here are my specs:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
XFX 7900XT
DeepCool LS720 SE AIO
Proper bios and mobo drivers?