QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
so is this a laptop then? which laptop.
ASUS ROG STRIX doesn't tell me much since that's just a marketing name they came up with for some of their gaming stuff.

Like, there's a ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070/1080/1080ti graphics card.
Or an ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming motherboard.
It's just a product naming scheme they use.

So please tell us the exact model laptop otherwise we can't even attempt to help you.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Still, there's more than one STRIX laptop with a 7700HQ and a GTX 1070.
But I'll go out on a limb and assume it's the GL502VS-DS71.

It's possible that the ribbon cable on the laptop got loose or went bad.

But here's a trick you can try first to see if it's not that.

Turn it off completely, make sure it is unplugged.
Remove the battery.
Hold down the power button for 30 whole seconds. Then put the battery back in and turn it on.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
not that I'm aware of. I had an ASUS gaming laptop back in the day, had an issue myself with the ribbon cable.
If you have any local computer repair places that offer looking over your system to tell you what's wrong with it for free, then I would suggest doing that.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
also, no need to send a PM. you could've stated that here.
By opening up the laptop, I assume you mean to say you took a screw driver to it and took it apart?
If so, there would've been a sticker covering up one of the screws that when removed, can't be proper put back on and the removal of this sticker voids warranty service because as far as they are concerned, you opened it up and went inside, and it not working could be due to you messing with something you shouldn't have.

dorh81

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
@xSimply1337x you are suggesting is the ribbon cable?

The first local repairer I sent to told me it is the video card

The second told me it is a software problem not hardware

Can you tutor me on how to find the ribbon even with a videy?

dorh81

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018

Thank you... there was no sticker. I once chat with their support center and they told me if there’s nothing wrong with the PC when I opened it they will still offer me the warranty but didn’t trust them so wanted confirmation

dorh81

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018

Funny though

So whats your final decision on the no display

dorh81

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018

Thank you but can i also send it asus for a normal repair since I’m outside the UK

dorh81

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Good day,hope you are still around to help. I sent it to Asus at South Africa to look at it and after they thought the problem was solved it came back again.
They later sent me an email that it might be that I reinstalled a new Microsoft OS on the machine that's why so they have to reinstall the original OS on it because they ran a diagnostic and the motherboard was diagnosed okay.
So my question is how can I get the original OS without sending it back and are you in support of their analysis
thank you.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The OS thing is a load of crap.
If that was the case then don't you think that a whole lot of people around the world all these years would have had some kind of issue when it came to upgrading their operating systems to a newer version such as going from Windows 7 to Windows 8? Or even when they decide to install a linux-based operating system on a super old machine to give it new life?

tell me, does the laptop turn on with fans and make noise but just doesn't get a display?