Question ASUS ROG Swift 34: Can it be repaired ?

dedline

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I have my dream monitor and don’t want to toss it in the trash. I saved for a long time to get this beautiful ultra wide. I accidentally bumped the screen too hard and in one spot when you power it on, has a spidered impact point that displays. There is no crack or physical damage on the outside. I will post a photo of what it looks like.

Is there any way to repair this? Via ASUS repair support worth it? Local computer shop said over the phone it can’t be fixed, but I wasn’t convinced they cared enough to ask further questions. So coming here for better advice. I don’t want to have to dump this monitor in the trash, but not sure the cost to repair is less than a new monitor or not.

Thanks for the feedback in my decision.

tYpWtKP.jpg

VimNDwc.jpg

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any way to repair this?

Display panel replacement would do the job.

Via ASUS repair support worth it?

Sure, you can ask Asus if they are willing to repair it for you. Since them doing it for you, is your best bet getting it fixed.

but not sure the cost to repair is less than a new monitor or not.

Contact Asus and ask them. Do note that besides actual repair, you also have to pay for the shipping to their facility and back. So, in total, it could be more, than brand new monitor.

I accidentally bumped the screen too hard

I don't think it was an accident. Especially since you claim it to be your "dream" monitor. Since if the latter claim would be true, this "accident" would've never happened, whereby you would've taken really good care of your monitor. It's the negligence that makes these kinds of "accidents" to happen.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have my dream monitor and don’t want to toss it in the trash. I saved for a long time to get this beautiful ultra wide. I accidentally bumped the screen too hard and in one spot when you power it on, has a spidered impact point that displays. There is no crack or physical damage on the outside. I will post a photo of what it looks like.

Is there any way to repair this? Via ASUS repair support worth it? Local computer shop said over the phone it can’t be fixed, but I wasn’t convinced they cared enough to ask further questions. So coming here for better advice. I don’t want to have to dump this monitor in the trash, but not sure the cost to repair is less than a new monitor or not.

Thanks for the feedback in my decision.

tYpWtKP.jpg

VimNDwc.jpg
Your probably going to find getting it fixed will cost about the same as a new one.

dedline

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Display panel replacement would do the job.

Sure, you can ask Asus if they are willing to repair it for you. Since them doing it for you, is your best bet getting it fixed.

Contact Asus and ask them. Do note that besides actual repair, you also have to pay for the shipping to their facility and back. So, in total, it could be more, than brand new monitor.

I don't think it was an accident. Especially since you claim it to be your "dream" monitor. Since if the latter claim would be true, this "accident" would've never happened, whereby you would've taken really good care of your monitor. It's the negligence that makes these kinds of "accidents" to happen.

Interesting comment that I feel holds no value to my question. I bumped it while playing VR with my controller.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting comment that I feel holds no value to my question. I bumped it while playing VR with my controller.

Time and time again, i've seen negligent people destroying their hardware and then excusing it out by "having an accident" and "i take good care of my hardware". Well, evidence shows otherwise.
In 20+ years, none of my hardware had any "accidents".

In any event, you got your answer. Either manufacturer repair (if possible) or new monitor.