Review Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX Mini LED Gaming Monitor Review: The Ultimate Computer Monitor?

Jun 20, 2021
Hello,

Can you please talk about Blooming? Have you encountered any issue? Difference between this monitor and the PG27UQ on the blooming?

I want to purchase this monitor, but I read reports the haloing/blooming is bad

Reactions: truerock

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
The Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX is a Mini LED gaming monitor with a tremendous feature list. It may just be the ultimate computer monitor – if you can afford it.

Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX Mini LED Gaming Monitor Review: The Ultimate Computer Monitor? : Read more
I think NOT having speakers inside my monitor is an extremely positive thing.
This article suggests that it is desirable to have speakers inside your monitor. I strongly disagree.
My preference is to have nothing built into my monitor except the display panel and a USB-C port.

Makaveli

Splendid
This article suggests that it is desirable to have speakers inside your monitor. I strongly disagree.
My preference is to have nothing built into my monitor except the display panel and a USB-C port.

Ditto don't need speakers on a monitor for me personally.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Agree completely. If you can afford $3000 for a monitor you can absolutely afford some decent headphones or speakers to pair with it. Leave the $2 garbage speakers out of the monitor.

ssj3rd

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
3.000$ and no Dolby Vision Support?
I don’t get it…

Halo infinite will have Dolby Vision, for example.
I’m waiting eagerly for the Test for the PG32UQ, with a price tag 999€ it’s way more realistic and affordable.

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Is it common for monitors to not accept a 24hz signal? Or to display content from a blu-ray player or streaming box at the wrong framerate?
I know a lot of TVs come with 'motion smoothing' on by default, but I didn't think PC monitors did.
I am not a monitor expert, but 'accepting film cadences' doesn't sound like a notable feature.

Is it common for monitors to not accept a 24hz signal? Or to display content from a blu-ray player or streaming box at the wrong framerate?
I know a lot of TVs come with 'motion smoothing' on by default, but I didn't think PC monitors did.
I am not a monitor expert, but 'accepting film cadences' doesn't sound like a notable feature.
It's not common because monitors aren't expected to be used like TVs.

HyperMatrix

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
This is a garbage monitor made using 3 year old tech. It’s the exact same as the PG27UQ with the exception of the “mini led” backlight system which isn’t that impressive either. Each zone is half the size of those on the PG27UQ. So the bloom zones will be slightly smaller, but still hugely problematic. Secondly...the price is ridiculous. $3000 for garbage. There is nothing new or cutting edge in this monitor. It doesn’t even support HDMI 2.1.

Reactions: ssj3rd
Jun 27, 2021
Asus pg27uq extremely unsatisfied customer,
Had it 9 months, it broke, RMA it, they received "fixed" reshaped back in same day, <<Edited by moderator>> cough" . Factory reset, get it back it fails, rma and ship it again, same story but they waited a couple days, they do not bother telling you what the hell they do in the process just say fixed and returned, of course nothing fixed, second I tried 4k even the lower 120hz it crashed. RMA again, this time they send me pics it was damaged in shipping, customer induced damage and quoted me 1514$ to repair or give me a new one..... yeah I'm really gonna give this terrible company MORE money for the same piece of crap monitor again....... it was rushed to be the first on the market with those specs, its garbage after a few months cause it never stops overheating and only gets worse. Never buying asus again, do not trust them

Jul 14, 2021
Hello,

Can you please talk about Blooming? Have you encountered any issue? Difference between this monitor and the PG27UQ on the blooming?

I want to purchase this monitor, but I read reports the haloing/blooming is bad
I have had the pg32uqx for a few days and I can guarantee that the blooming intensity is worse than the unusable pg27uq on desktop and software use, in games it is much worse.

MrRipfrog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I have the pg32uqx and noticed the intense blooming as well. But when I increased the refresh rate to 120hz in windows, the blooming wasn't noticeable anymore. Now I say this with a big slice of humble pie as I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet and already had to send it in as an rma. There was one spot on the screen that looked like there was a bunch of stuck pixels. Such a bummer. Initial thoughts coming from a Dell U3014 was it's a huge upgrade. No longer stuck at 60hz, the 1400 nits and hdr really make games and hdr video pop. Explosions in Warzone almost make you wince with the brightness. The color is amazing.

Hopefully when I get it back I can report some good feedback, fingers crossed.

z0hBDdc.jpg

Jul 14, 2021
I tried to set all the refresh rates from 60 to 144 hz and the flowering is always the same and is more evident than the pg27uq. On desktop, HDR is unusable but for gaming it is fine. A tip is to disable the white gun sight because in dark scenes the halo is quite annoying, otherwise the HDR experience is incredible, there is no better as a gaming monitor even if the blooming is slightly more accentuated in the less dark scenes than the pg27uq. I expected better after 3 years from the release of the pg27uq.

I hope Asus makes an improvement in a few years with a new version of the pg32uqx as it is doing with Pro Art monitors.

Unfortunately, you pay a lot of money and you never get the best quality.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I love seeing posts by people who have never seen this monitor in real life. I have and it is incredible. Watching any content at 1500 nits is absolutely insane. Twice as bright as any OLED on the market and the blooming is easily controlled by changing the Variable Backlight setting in the OSD. And response times are about on par with the other 4K monitors in this class. To be fair, why would you compare a 48" OLED TV to a 32" monitor? Makes zero sense. Apples and oranges. I could easily buy two 48 inch OLED TVs instead of this monitor, but you won't see me comparing the two. Besides, the 48" OLED TV will NOT fit on my desk. Even a 42" OLED TV would be a tight fight and then I would still have to sit farther back than my current computer desk will allow and it's already 30" deep. LG plans to release their 42" OLED TV later next year and I plan on buying it and making room accordingly. In the meantime, in the era of COVID, this is the best 4K gaming monitor on the market.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021
Adoro vedere i post di persone che non hanno mai visto questo monitor nella vita reale. Ce l'ho ed è incredibile. Guardare qualsiasi contenuto a 1500 nits è assolutamente folle. Due volte più luminoso di qualsiasi OLED sul mercato e la fioritura è facilmente controllabile modificando l'impostazione della retroilluminazione variabile nell'OSD. E i tempi di risposta sono quasi alla pari con gli altri monitor 4K di questa classe. Per essere onesti, perché fare un TV OLED da 48" con un monitor da 32"? Non ha senso. Mele e arance. Potrei facilmente acquistare due televisori O da 48 pollici invece di questo monitor, ma non mi sarà possibile ottenere i due monitor. Inoltre, la TV OLED da 48" non si adatta alla mia scrivania. Anche una TV OLED da 42"
[/CITAZIONE]
Purtroppo ci sono ancora deficienti come te idiota che non vedono il problema tra questo schifo di monitor e un oled, pazienza il mondo è pieno di idioti

I love seeing posts by people who have never seen this monitor in real life. I have and it is incredible. Watching any content at 1500 nits is absolutely insane. Twice as bright as any OLED on the market and the blooming is easily controlled by changing the Variable Backlight setting in the OSD. And response times are about on par with the other 4K monitors in this class. To be fair, why would you compare a 48" OLED TV to a 32" monitor? Makes zero sense. Apples and oranges. I could easily buy two 48 inch OLED TVs instead of this monitor, but you won't see me comparing the two. Besides, the 48" OLED TV will NOT fit on my desk. Even a 42" OLED TV would be a tight fight and then I would still have to sit farther back than my current computer desk will allow and it's already 30" deep. LG plans to release their 42" OLED TV later next year and I plan on buying it and making room accordingly. In the meantime, in the era of COVID, this is the best 4K gaming monitor on the market.
There are more things alike than not with the OLED and this monitor. They are both over 120hz + g-sync + 10-bit + 4k. The differences are that mini-leds have issues with small bright things on dark backgrounds. I have seen this monitor in person and its brightness is insane but the issues with that type of tech are seriously distracting for me. The only real difference between the 2 is the technology that brings light to the picture and size. I happily game on my 36 inch deep desk with the 55 inch OLED about 4-5 feet away on the wall angled down at 24 degrees. The CX OLED has more features minus about 600-700 nits peak brightness, and obviously OLED > mini-LED (for now).