Question ASUS ROG Z790E wifi II

Aug 10, 2024
If I had hair before, it would have been ripped out by now. I need some ideas from someone who has been there on how to load WIN 11 on my new PC. I have some previous experience doing much earlier vintage builds, but this is the first on the current upper mid leve tier of products. My build is a Corsair D5000 case with a TX1000 power supply, an ASUS ROG Strix Z790E WIFI II motherboard, Trident G5 6400 64gig, a GeForce 4060 TI video card, and a 2 TB M.2 G5 SSD. At present I do not have the video card installed, but everything else is.

Here is where the problem starts. The system boots perfectly, and I began to install windows 11 pro onto the system. The initial steps were fine until I got to the network setup step, where the system hangs up and just sits there with a pretty message saying let's connect you to a network, but not letting you do it. I've traced it to (I think) to ASUS not having installed the intel lan drivers onto the motherboard. I have the instructions email from ASUS, am an aerospace engineer by education and a retired airline pilot by trade, and I cannot understand what they are saying. I understand how to update drivers when the operating system is installed and working, but I do not know how to get these drivers installed from the point where the windows installation is stalled.

So, finally my question, how do I get the drivers installed so windows installation can get past this network item?
Also, how in the he** can a motherboard not come with the drivers installed for the chipset and processor that it is designed for?

Thanks.

Aug 10, 2024
Try going into bios and disable lan controller, save and exit. Boot back to bios and enable, save & exit. See what you get then when you get to network stage in Win11 install.
That did not work. The email that I got from ASUS gave me a link to the section that describes exactly what I am encountering. It says to go to the ASUS help website and download the intel lan drivers, which I have done and unzipped them to a USB 3 flash drive. I got that done, but I am lost in trying to figure out what they are saying to do at this point.