Asus RT-AC88U Slow Ethernet Speeds

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I have a RT-AC88U running the Merlin 382.1 firmware. I have a 150 Down connection and I am only seeing 80 right now. Plugging directly into the modem shows the full speed with zero issue.

I have tried the following:

• Switching Cables between Modem / Router, Router / PC. The cables were CAT 5E, CAT6 and CAT7.
    Flashing the router to factory default
    Flashing different firmware
Wireless gives me the full 150. My Ethernet adapter is showing full speed (gig).

The devices on the router are as follows:

• Modem into WAN Port
    My PC into Port 1
    Sprint Airrave into Port 2
Everything else is on wireless.

PC Specs:
i7-6800K @ 3.4
32Gigs of Ram
EVGA 1080GTX
Win 10 Pro 64bit

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

Port Link State
WAN 0
1 Gbps
LAN 1
1 Gbps
LAN 2
100 Mbps
LAN 3
100 Mbps

My PC is in LAN 1

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

HW acceleration Enabled

I have tried this both enabled and disabled. No change.

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

Yes I plugged a laptop (wifi disabled) directly into the same port and still getting the same issue. As mentioned above when I plug the PC into the modem directly I am seeing the full 150 down.

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

I know it's not fiber. I would say standard cable internet? It's cable run to their provided Docsis 3.0 modem.

Further they do not allow users access to edit the config settings on the modem but I believe it's bridged.

*I had a tech on site yesterday who confirmed it's the router. Now mind you they just come in with their own laptop and test the connection through the router and modem separately. *

kanewolf

Titan
I have an Asus router with Merlin but I use it as an access point so I don't see all the possible interface screens. Have you also posted this question over at smallnetbuilder.com forum which is the primary support forum for Merlin ? https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/

I assume you are using speedtest to guage your performance.

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

Just submitted over there thanks. Also, yes I am using speedtest.net.

kanewolf

Titan
Sorry, I didn't have an answer. All the obvious possibilities have been eliminated (at least you can list those tests in your post over at SNB).

Since you have done a factory reset on the router, do you have QOS or other features enabled?
Can you get 150Mbit speed on a 5Ghz WIFI connected device?

theimpaler

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011

I totally understand thank you for your help either way :)

Yes I made sure QoS is off. I get 153 down on wireless devices.