Asus setup error on windows 10

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014
Im having this error when i first start up windows 10 that says AsusSetup does not support this operating system : WNT_6.2P_64. Should i be worried or is it something that is just there. If i should be worried, how do i fix this. Note that all of my drivers are up to date

Dimitri Michos

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
There are no win10 drivers for the entire Z77 series and on several other posts ppl spreading the rumors that there probably won`t come any at all.
That was in the end the thing holding me back from upgrading

afonja

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I have exactly the same issue with my p8z77-v lx motherboard. Does not affect anything though, but the message is a bit annoying.

Wonder if there is away to get rid of it.

Dimitri Michos

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

But all usb ports and what not are still working properly?

afonja

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

Yes, everything seems to work fine, although my WiFi dongle (plugged into USB3) some times not detected on boot and I need to re-plug it. I should receive a new one tomorrow, so will let you know whether it is dongle's fault or mobo's.

Message is still annoying, as I don't like when things aren't perfect with my PC :)

Russell White

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Did you (or anyone here) find a way to get rid of this error?

I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and am getting the same message. Like you everything is working perfectly except for this annoying message at startup. I have a feeling that doing a clean install would fix this but I really don't feel like backing up and reinstalling everything (500 odd games on steam can take quite a while to reinstall, even if they are backed up) if there is a way to get rid of this message.

Russell White

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
OK, I found a fix (for me at least), I hope it helps someone else. Try opening task scheduler, go to the ASUS folder and disable anything in there that may be causing the problem, for me it was i-Setup002956.
You may have fixed it by now but hopefully this helps someone else fix this problem with a little less stuffing around than I went through.

jbakahawktalk

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

Omg thank you so much this fix worked for me. Mine was slightly different as my motherboard is ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION and i disabled i-Setup191122. yaaa finally no more annoying msg :D cheers :D

skaarsgard

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

just wanted to chime in after searching this same error after a recent upgrade to Windows 10. (FIXED!!! Thanks a bunch for the solution. different Mobo - Sabertooth P67)

First off, i have installed Windows 10 a couple of times on this machine. this last time was for a RAID solution. in the past, i installed previous Windows version, completed all necessary WIN updates and ASUS Mobo applications then installed Windows 10 - never received the error message. This time I installed the basic Windows 7 setup -> Windows 10 -> ASUS Mobo applications (via compatibility mode) -> Windows 10 updates. I then received the errors. So, I knew it was a driver compatibility issue just couldn't find where to kill the message.

All Mobo fixtures appear to work fine for me now...

Skyobliwind

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I can't find anything like i-setup in my autostart, but I found another solution. If the message appears open the taskmanager and go to Users and click on your name. There you will see all running Tasks. Also the "intelligent Setup" Window, which is the Asus Setup. You can right click it and open the path. It will be located in your Windows folder. You can easily delete the whole folder including Asus Setup. This will cause not problems or errors because it isn't even running or working.

Hope this can help some people for those the other solution doesn't work like me. ;)