Asus Shows New Motherboards at Computex 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Why are they gimping on amd board comparing to intel? Dont tell me Intel is at their dirty business again trying to make themselves seem much much superior because they half ass features for AMD chipsets. This is bullsht.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Why are they gimping on amd board comparing to intel? Dont tell me Intel is at their dirty business again trying to make themselves seem much much superior because they half ass features for AMD chipsets. This is bullsht.[/citation]
Those AMD based boards are FM2....meaning they use AMD's APUs... How many features do you really need on an entry-level/budget platform?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I was looking forward to higher RAM clock for the FM2 motherboards. Those APUs don't come with GDDR5 and need bandwidth from somewhere.

[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Why are they gimping on amd board comparing to intel? Dont tell me Intel is at their dirty business again trying to make themselves seem much much superior because they half ass features for AMD chipsets. This is bullsht.[/citation]

FM2s isn't a high end chipset. You can only do so much with a chipset that Intel/AMD gives you.

Intel has nothing to do with it. The FM2 socket is for, as said, APUs, not CPUs and is not a full featured as Intels Z77 chipset.

The Thunderbolt is a seperate chip.

And these are top of the line Z77 boards, hence the Premium tag or Pro tag. The FM2s are entry level. I am sure there will be better ones upon release.

sharpless78

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]josejones[/nom]LOL, so AMD STILL doesn't provide support for PCIe 3.0 - wow ... just wow.[/citation]

Well, maybe they have come to the conclusion that adding PCIe 3.0 to low-level CPUs is just plain idiocy?

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

I know it seems like we are all beating a dead horse here trying to explain stuff to the guy...

But I find that they are doing a lot more than they should. especially having 2 x16 lanes. Because the most you would do is Xfiring the APU and GPU, not a GPU and another GPU. That would be a waste of resources because the APU's graphics will be turned off.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Those AMD based boards are FM2....meaning they use AMD's APUs... How many features do you really need on an entry-level/budget platform?[/citation]

Ah Now I know =D thanks for the worthy info. I haven't really kept up with the newest so I appreciate that.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I think that AMD should include wireless on chipset or get manufactures to add it instead of having 7 sata ports that only a builder doing a high end server would ever use.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
ASUS just released a C-series APU motherboard too: C60M1-I in mini-ITX. It's like a low-end E-350 (1.3GHz in Turbo Core mode). Best part is it's only ~$80 with the processor. You could theoretically build this with an SSD, 4GB of RAM, and include Win7 HP x64 with it in a decent mITX case (looking at Antec's ISK 110 VESA which supports VESA mounting and 2 hard drives instead of just 1 like the Zotac and Foxconn builds). For a bit more you could put an SSD cache drive in (Corsair m4's are a good deal) along with a 7200RPM hard drive for added storage. Good little project for a multimedia box. I tried one and Windows 8 flies on it - it's especially impressive that a

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
WTF is wrong with this commenting system?!?

I was saying that it's impressive that an ASUS E-450 board only adds Bluetooth, WiFi, HDMI, and a very slightly faster CPU that it costs more than double the price. The C-60 board is a hidden gem. That build should cost

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Wheres the support for PCIe 3.0? How come they advertise as being the first to produce PCIe 3.0 cards and then not offer support for it... WOW indeed

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

Ummm Intel is "much much superior"

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]adgjlsfhk[/nom]what is wrong with the commenting?[/citation]

Half the time I can hit submit and nothing gets posted, and then, twice in a row, it cuts off my comment. It doesn't work in native standards mode in IE9, instead requiring Compatibility Mode, and the latest version of Safari doesn't work at all. When you can't build a website with the two most preferred web browsers on each of the two respective computing platforms, it's a big fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS