[SOLVED] Asus Strix GTX 1070TI Advanced vs Asus Strix RTX 2070 Advanced

Nov 11, 2018
Hello to each other,

I am new here (from Germany) and hope that you can support me well.
It is about the following:

I am thinking about buying the Asus Strix ROG 1070TI Advanced (530€) or the new Asus Strix ROG RTX 2070 Advanced (680€).

Important criteria:
a.) I play on Full HD
b.) I won't use the RayTr. function (while playing) (regardless of that, the 2070 would be overloaded by Raytr. anyway)

My questions are as follows:
a.) how much more power would I have if I had the 2070 instead of the 1070TI mentioned above (without raytracing)?

Thank you

One more thing: I want the Asus, because it has RGB lighting.
I'm going to get RGB components soon, so I want this graphics card

Solution
Between those two, 2070 is faster and current tech. But, 1070ti is no slouch either.
Your decision should be based on your monitor specs. If you are anywhere below 1440p/144hz combined, and dont plan to upgrade on that in the next couple of yrs, then the 1070ti should suffice.
They all perform around the same range, barring a few fps here or there. I dont see any difference here except for the boost clock of a8... https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-graphics-cards/rog-strix-supersizes-the-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-graphics-card/
I would grab whichever is cheaper.

Between those two, 2070 is faster and current tech. But, 1070ti is no slouch either.
Your decision should be based on your monitor specs. If you are anywhere below 1440p/144hz combined, and dont plan to upgrade on that in the next couple of yrs, then the 1070ti should suffice.

Solution